Starting with the drama of Crystal Bowersox's illness, tonight's live performance show was, to use a phrase Simon enjoys, a million times better than the guys' version the evening before.
There are a handful of females we could truly see winning this competition, led by the guitar player mentioned above. She leads the top five from the night, listed below:
- Crystal Bowersox: Loved how she didn't play the sympathy card at all and chose a difficult Creedence Clearwater Revival song, despite her physical state. The best performance of the season so far.
- Siobhan Magnus: Crystal opened the show and Siobhan closed it, in wonderful fashion. We never thought she'd be able to pull of an Aretha Franklin single, but this is one versatile singer.
- Michelle Delamor: She almost seems like a professional singer already, doesn't she? We hope Todrick Hall was watching because THIS is how you rearrange a song.
- Lilly Scott: Love her look. Love her confidence in who she is. Loved the courage it took to go with the Sam Cooke classic "A Change is Gonna Come."
- Katelyn Epperly: We weren't as blown away as the judges, but smart move to use the piano. It helped her stand out from her impressive competitors.
WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE ON THE NIGHT?