The plot this week was driven by Sue's admiration for Madonna. She wanted her Cheerios to practice routines set to the music of the iconic singer, which inspired Will to do the same for New Directions.
There were a number of incredible musical numbers, but many storylines moved forward, as well:
- Rachel couldn't bring herself to have sex with Jesse. She said she wasn't ready and it would even be unfair to the group. Jesse's reaction? He actually joined New Directions (after moving in with his uncle, who resides in the district), despite objections from Kurt and Mercedes. They responded by joining the Cheerios, who are incorporating singing into their routines. But they are still members of the choir, too.
- Emma also couldn't bring herself to sleep with Will. But his divorce papers are signed and these two appear headed in a positive dating direction.
- Finn actually did sleep with Santana because he was jealous of Rachel's relationship with Jesse. He said he felt nothing because it meant nothing.
[Madonna is] the most powerful woman ever to walk the face of the earth.Sue
- Permalink: The most powerful woman ever to walk the face of the earth.
Kurt: Mercedes is black, I'm gay: We make culture.
- Permalink: We make culture.