- Simon Westbrook is fingered as the spy who revealed Francis's plans. He is imprisoned, and his beheading is scheduled.
- As Bash recovers from his wounds, he makes a connection with Lola.
- Mary's new fiance, Tomas, is not the man he appears to be. He's violent, demanding, and rumors say that he murdered his first wife.
- Francis and Mary kiss passionately. Tomas is not pleased.
- Francis has a hunch that the true spy was not Simon, but Tomas.
- Francis is half-right: Tomas's relationship with Mary was all a trick, a scheme to find a wife so that he could be considered a legitimate heir to the Portuguese throne.
- But Francis's mother, Queen Catherine, also played a role in revealing Francis's plans--all so that Mary would be forced to marry Tomas, and thus leave Francis and the French court behind. But Catherine's involvement is never revealed to Francis--only Mary appears to know.
- Tomas takes his "whipping boy," Manuel--a witness to his crime--to the woods to murder him, but Francis and Bash arrive just in time, saving Manuel. Francis kills Tomas.
- Westbrook is pardoned, Mary's engagement to Francis is back on, and Mary makes a strong stand for her own negotiating power in French court.
- Kenna finally gives in and sleeps with King Henry.
Want more Reign?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!