On this week's installment...
- Pete takes on the case of “Black Betty.” She is accused of killing her boyfriend and stealing his silver.
- Nick doesn’t want to take on the case but goes along with Pete anyway.
- Unfortunately, Betty is being tried at the same time as her “boy toy” accomplice. Nick and Pete don’t want to work with the other lawyer because he is incompetent.
- Nick and Pete devise a way for the other lawyer to create a mistrial, despite DA Cole’s protests.
- Cole argues that Betty stole the money and Nick explains the money was hers.
- Betty’s lover testifies against her, even though she though that he wouldn’t lie.
- Nick brings in the sofa to reveal that the boyfriend, after taking a multitude of drugs, suffocated himself after he fell asleep.
- Betty is found not guilty of murder and theft. However she is convicted of petty larceny.
- Betty gives the lawyers Liberace’s piano and the two fight over it before Nick sits down and sings.