Ready to Rumble
WWE Smackdown Season 10 Episode 4 (01/23/09)
Smackdown opens with Edge, who is now denying that he had anything to do with the Jeff Hardy pyro mishap last week.
Matt Hardy attacks Edge, as they brawl through the crowd. Vickie sets up Edge vs. Matt Hardy in a No Disqualification match for later in the night.
- The Undertaker defeated Shelton Benjamin (non-title) in a solid match. Very similar to last week’s Smackdown match between the pair.
- The Great Khali squashed Chavo Guerrero.
- It was announced that if Triple H loses his match tonight that he would enter the Royal Rumble as the first entrant.
- Edge defeated Matt Hardy in a No DQ match after Mark Henry and Jack Swagger interfered.
- Michelle McCool and Natalya vs. the Bella Twins with Maryse doing commentary was up next. After a minute, Maria returned and attacked Michelle.
- World Tag Team Champions John Morrison and The Miz defeated WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito and Primo in a great non-title match.
- Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov was stopped and changed to Triple H vs. Kozlov and The Big Show in a handicap match; Kozlov and Big Show won. Triple H will enter the Royal Rumble as the number-one entrant.