CM Punk opens Smackdown. He says he will teach the fans the difference between right and wrong, adding that they adore Hardy because he is just like them. This was not meant as a compliment.
After this speech, Punk actually took on Hardy, but officials had to pull the pair apart before the match got started. Out came Vince McMahon, who appointed a secret guest enforcer for later in the night, when these two would wrestle again.
- John Morrison defeated Tyson Kidd. He got the pin with a split-legged twisting press. Good match.
- Slam Master J defeated Charlie Haas with a top rope splash.
-Dolph Ziggler defeated R-Truth, Mike Knox and Finlay to earn a shot at the WWE Intercontinental championship at Summerslam. Ziggler nailed Finlay with finisher for the victory.
- JTG defeated Chris Jerico. Y2J hit the Codebreaker on JTG, but his arm and leg were under the bottom rope. He went to pick up JTG, but was pulled into an inside cradle and pinned.
- Great Khali squashed Ricky Ortiz. Kane came out and tossed Khali out of the ring.
- Matt Hardy is the special enforcer in main event, as Jeff Hardy took on CM Punk. Late in the match, Punk went for the pin but Matt pulled the referee out of the ring.
Punk screamed at Matt, but Jeff rolled him up from behind and Matt counted a fast three.
Teddy Long then came out. He announced a TLC match between Hardy and Punk for Summerslam.
Want more WWE Smackdown?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!