Forget Pretty Little Liars.
Today's Television Critics Association winter press tour panel with Troian Bellisario, Shay Mitchell, Keegan Allen and producers Oliver Goldstick and Marlene King focused more on one Handsome Huge Villain.
Yes, a significant portion of the Q&A was spent on the topic of Toby's inclusion on the A Team.
"His darkness isn't coming out of nowhere," Goldstick said of Toby, echoing what he told TV Fanatic about Toby's "axe to grind" ever since returning to Rosewood.
As for how Toby's secret will affect those around him? Buckle up, fans.
King said his relationship with Spencer will be the core of Pretty Little Liars Season 3 going forward, adding: "It's a mind-blowing storyline we had a lot of fun with," while Allen teased: "You will watch it and be so shocked and surprised."
Mitchell also reminded attendees that it will be difficult for Emily, once the secret leaks, "because they have had that special connection" since season one.
Among other panel highlights:
- King makes her directorial debut in two weeks on an episode inspired by the film Misery.
- The finale, meanwhile, will be based on North by Northwest by Alfred Hitchock.
- How does King handle Pretty Little Liars spoilers and breadcrumbs? "We have mysteries within the big mysteries. We give credible clues ... giving little bits and pieces [of information], that seems to be enough to satisfy the fans."
- Even once A is truly apprehended, Bellisario assured viewers that "these girls' stories will not be over." There's plenty more to tell.
- Yes, there's a plan; yes, King knows the identity of the "uber A," with Goldstick adding: "It's very specific season to season. There are tentpoles we create [but] there are a lot of detours along the way."
And that's what makes the show so addictive, isn't it?