Sometimes it's great being a TV reviewer. Today is one of those days, as I just got done watching Castle Season 7 Episode 1.
Be forewarned that ABC has specifically asked that we not reveal whether or not Rick Castle is found, so if that's what you're looking to find I'm afraid you'll have to tune in Monday, September 29.
(But the show is named Castle, so it's fairly safe to say Rick doesn't wind up a crispy corpse in his Mercedes.)
If you want to go completely spoiler free, I suggest you turn back now, but if you'd like some idea of what to expect from "Driven" read on...
- It picks up right where it left off, then quickly jumps weeks ahead in the investigation.
- Bad ass Kate Beckett gets physical with more than one suspect.
- A familiar face ends up on the other side of Beckett's interrogation table.
- Several old cases are looked at and the FBI is brought in.
- Key pieces of evidence make even those closest to him wonder how well they know Rick Castle
- A dingy, a tent, a key, and the #38 all play a part in the hunt for Richard Castle.
- You'll be left with one important answer yet lots of unanswered questions.
Most importantly, use caution! There are so many twists and turns in this episode it may give you whiplash. You may be left questioning everything you think you know about Castle.
If the show is starting a new mythology this is obviously just the tip of the iceberg but I found the hour intriguing. Don't expect a light and fluffy episode. This is one of the show's more dramatic hours. It was intense. There were moments where I was angry, others where I was relieved and by the conclusion I just wanted to give Kate Beckett a hug. In the end it left me on the edge of my seat waiting for Castle Season 7 Episode 2.
And of course, if you need to catch up, you can watch Castle online here at TV Fanatic.
C. Orlando is a TV Fanatic Staff Writer. Follow her on Twitter.