Kate Beckett didn't just find her fiance on Castle Season 7 Episode 1.
ABC found huge ratings for Monday night's premiere.
Despite major competition from The Blacklist and NCIS: Los Angeles, Castle returned to 11.3 million and a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49, an increase of 9 percent from last fall. This marked the show's biggest premiere since 2011.
- Gotham Season 1 Episode 2 (7.3 million viewers, 2.8 adults 18-49 rating) dropped 13 percent from its last week’s premiere. Not terrible, really.
- On CBS, Scorpion (13.2 million, 3.0) held up better, falling just 7 percent from last Monday's series opener.
- Sleepy Hollow only pulled in 5.1 million viewers.
- A move to Monday didn't help NCIS: Los Angeles, which garnered 9.4 million and fell 37 percent from its Tuesday night premiere in 2013.
- The Big Bang Theory Season 8 Episode 3 (16.2 million/4.7) slipped 10 and 13 percent from its season premiere, respectively, but was still the most-watched show of the night.
- The Voice held steady at 12.7 million overall viewers.
- Dancing With the Stars (12.7 million/1.9) was down 14 percent in the key demographic compared to last week, despite the latest installment combining the performances with the results.