An epic crossover and a wildly anticipated debut helped Family Guy Season 13 and Once Upon a Time Season 4 open very strong last night on Fox and ABC, respectively.
First, thanks to a stop in Springfield, the Family Guy premiere pulled in 8.4 million total viewers and a huge 4.5 rating among adults 18-49, jumping a whopping 73 percent from last season’s opener.
Over in Storybrooke, Once Upon Season 4 Episode 1 (9.3 million, 3.4) also increased an impressive 31 percent from last fall.
Around 8.5 million households tuned in for The Simpsons’ killing off of Krusty’s father, an increase of 35 percent from last September’s first episode, while Brooklyn Nine-Nine (5.4 million, 2.6) remained steady in its new timeslot.
Elsewhere around the dial…
- Resurrection (7.6 million, 2.2) fell 42 percent from last year's premiere.
- Revenge Season 4 Episode 1 (5.2 million, 1.4) decreased by 39 percent from last year and makes it clear to us that this drama is on its final season.
- Madam Secretary (12.7 million, 1.4) fell 30 percent from its series premiere.
- The Good Wife (11.2 million, 1.3) was down a tad from last week.
- The return of CSI (9.7 million, 1.4) also dropped 30 percent from its Wednesday debut last year.