Forgive the obvious pun, but The Flash is off to a VERY fast start for The CW.
The Flash Season 1 Episode 1 drew in 4.5 million viewers and garnered a 1.8 rating among 18-49-year olds last night, making it the network's most-watched opener since The Vampire Diaries premiered in 2009.
Overall, The Flash now stands as The CW’s third-best series premiere of all-time.
Elsewhere around the dial...
- Chicago Fire (8.4 million/2.1) dropped 3 percent and two tenths of a point compared to last Tuesday.
- NCIS Season 12 Episode 3 (17.1 million/2.6) held steady, as did NCIS: New Orleans (15.3 million/2.3). Also on CBS, Person of Interest (9.8 million/1.6) decreased by 8 percent and two tenths.
- Supernatural Season 10 kicked off with 2.8 million viewers, about the same as last year's premiere.
- New Girl (2.6 million/1.3)ticked up, while The Mindy Project (2.2 million/1.0) dipped a tenth in the demographic.
- Manhattan Love Story crashed (3.2 million viewers) while Selfie also dropped considerably (3.9 million). Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (4.4 million/1.6) dropped 14 percent and two tenths while Forever (5.1 million/1.3) fell 11 percent and one tenth.