NBC just can't catch a break with their comedy programming.
Eva Longoria returned to TV last night with a two episode premiere and it went very low. It was given the best lead-in it could have hoped for, so it's pretty much DOA.
The first episode managed 5.4 million viewers and a 1.4 rating among people 18-49, but episode two dropped all the way down to 3.4 million viewers and a 0.8 rating. Superstore's premiere last week was considerably stronger, averaging over 7 million viewers. Will Telenovela even make it to the air in January?
Elsewhere around the dial:
- The Voice (12.2 million/2.8 rating) dipped from last week.
- On CBS, Supergirl Season 1 Episode 7 (7.7 million/1.5 rating) matched a series low, while Scorpion (9.2 million/1.7 rating) ticked up. NCIS: Los Angeles (9.4 million/1.4 rating) achieved season highs. This can be attributed to the lack of competition this week in the hour.
- On ABC, The Great Christmas Light Fight (5.7 million/1.3 rating) was way down from last season's premiere. Rounding off ABC's night was The Great Holiday Baking Show (4.4 million/1.1 rating).
- On Fox, TV's Funniest Animated Stars (1.7 million/0.7 rating) pulled in miniscule numbers.
- And on The CW, encores of The Flash (1.1 million/0.3 rating) and Arrow (1 million/0.3 rating) pulled similar ratings to the most recent episodes of Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
Paul Dailly is the Associate Editor for TV Fanatic. Follow him on Twitter.