Now this is the Power I have come to know and love.
Things were a little slow to start this season, but Power Season 3 Episode 3 really put some things in to motion. And we got the reunion so many fans have been clamoring for. It may not have gone as planned, but wasn't it nice to see the former best friends sharing the screen together?
Let's just talk about what I assume was supposed to be a somewhat shocking reveal first. Kanan is alive and holed up in DC with one of the scariest women I've ever seen on TV. Seriously though, LaVerne is SCARY.
A character that just rolls up and shoots two people in cold blood could be corny under some circumstances, but LaVerne was cold and calculating and she clearly struck fear in everyone around her.
There seems to be a super weird dynamic between Kanan and her and I'm inclined to think she will help Kanan regain his strength and go after Ghost, which I'm all about honestly. Ghost is at his best when he's taking on the enemy and proving just how smart he is.
Battling Kanan, the one person he can't beat, and crazy pants LaVerne is going to be some must see summer entertainment.
While things were getting real in DC, the temperature in New York was cooling, as Tasha and Holly found some common ground. I am not here for this friendship, absolutely, positively not. Holly is a liar and a user and everything she does is premeditated. Tasha has one person in the entire world who has her back and that's Keisha.
Keisha: Hold up. Ain't that the bitch who stole your earrings?
Keisha: Don't Keish me. You're the one that brought her in here.
Tasha: It's fine.
Keisha: I'm telling you right now, if that bitch tries to steal a motherfucking thing out this shop, I'm beat her flat ass.
I hope Holly doesn't sink her claws into Tasha anymore, although, I think that may be a fruitless wish now that we know Holly is pregnant. I don't even know what to say about that. I keep wishing she would just go away and the show just keeps thinking of reasons to keep her around.
She will eventually tell Tommy she is with child and try to use that as another reason to get Tommy to kill Ghost. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the girl, but I understand she's trying to look out for herself and her livelihood. It's just she's so annoying in so many ways.
The Ghost and Angela chronicles continued, as the two went from a flirty jog, to an awkward fight within the span of an hour. This relationship could be analyzed to death and frankly things change so quickly between them, it's not even worth the analysis half the time because by the time you're finished writing it, things are completely different.
Angela seems to be all in on Ghost, but she still has her suspicions and you really can't fault her for that. But it's frustrating at times.
But for me to get caught, you'd have to warn St. Patrick that I'm on to him and I, I don't think you're going to do that. I bet you're afraid of what he might do.Greg [to Angela]
So why didn't Angela tell Ghost about Greg's stalking behind? She was bold enough to confront him about seeing Tommy, so why not just follow that up with, 'my psycho ex booty call is following us both around and taking pictures of us on his Iphone'.
The minute Ghost came clean about reaching out to Tommy, Angela should have clued him in on what's been going on. Maybe she's trying to protect him or maybe she doesn't trust him, I really don't know. I do know that these two have a pattern of making really crappy decisions when it comes to their relationship and I'm over trying to figure it out.
I'm just going to sit back and enjoy this messed up ride.
Everything Else You Need To Know
- Riddle me this, why does Kanan only have third degree burns on his arms? How was he that lucky?
- There was a Medina sighting! Man did I not miss his smug face.
- I have such little interest in Ghost's clubs and whatever business is going on there. It sometimes feels like they're part of a different show because they are isolated to him alone and don't involve other core characters. And no Kantos does not count as a core character. But I will say this Karen chick has me a little intrigued. Why does she want to get to know Ghost on a personal level?
- Tariq got busted at school with Angela's gun. This just gives Tasha a reason to ban the kids from going to Angela's.
- So Lobos not giving Tommy the full shipment of drugs is really messing things up for him. How long until he realizes he needs Ghost back? And funny thing, Ghost wants to work with Tommy to bring Lobos down. Tommy is still so hurt by his betrayal, though. I feel like the ice is slowly thawing between the two, but they still have a long way to go.
Okay guys what are your thoughts about "I Got This On Lock"? Are you excited Kanan is back? Do you want Ghost and Tommy to work together?
As always, leave me a note in the comments and watch Power online right now so you're not left behind!
Whitney Evans is a staff writer for TV Fanatic. Follow her on Twitter.