It's been a wild ride, Whiskey Cavalier fanatics, but the Scott Foley and Lauren Cohan-led drama is not getting a last-minute reprieve at ABC.
Despite rumors that the Alphabet network was looking to bring the series back, it has now emerged that the show will remain dead.
Showrunner David Hemingson broke the news on Twitter.
"Friends: I just got the sad news that @ABCNetwork has passed. #WhiskeyCavalier has been fully and finally cancelled," he said.
"Thank you all so, so much for your efforts on our behalf. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the outpouring of support."
"It’s incredibly painful to say goodbye to this show and our extraordinary cast, but knowing that we made something you enjoyed - and that I believe will stand the test of time - makes it all worthwhile."
ABC canceled Whiskey Cavalier earlier this month when it emerged that ratings were not strong enough to warrant an additional season.
Despite a plum post-Oscars debut, Whiskey Cavalier Season 1 averaged 3.3 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating on Wednesdays at 10/9c.
It did command strong growth in post-air date metrics, but ABC did not own the show, and would not make any money from potential syndication deals.
Still, Warner Bros. TV knew the show would play well internationally, and that's why the efforts to keep the show on the air continued.
It's unclear whether there are still negotiations going on with other networks, but given the finality to Hemingson's tweets, it certainly sounds like the show will not be coming back in any capacity.
The series finale aired Wednesday and left fans with the mother of all cliffhangers.
The good news is that Executive Producer, Bill Lawrence has said that he will let fans know what would have happened next.
What are your thoughts on the news?
Hit the comments below.
Paul Dailly is the Associate Editor for TV Fanatic. Follow him on Twitter.