BH90210 will have another blast from the past when it debuts in August.
Denise Richards has joined the cast Fox's reboot/revival mash-up, but she won't be reprising the role of Kelly Taylor's cousin Robin McGill.
Instead, Richards is on board as a heightened version of herself, much like the other returning cast members.
Tori Spelling revealed Richards' casting on Instagram and shared a photo of the pair alongside some of the other cast members.
Read Tori's caption for the photo below:
Such a fun night last night @bh90210 style...
- All work and no play makes the #bh90210 cast no fun... So last night, the cast, producers, fab costume designer @mandiline , my hair bestie @laurarugetti , and some of our spouses went to a much needed group hangout to celebrate our friend & producer @ruthannesecunda22 belated birthday and to just all share some good food, wine, and conversations together ( you were missed @jason_priestley and @snowboardercollie )as we enter our final week of filming ( well, for this season) of @bh90210 .
- Had a great evening with an amazing view at @liftbarandgrill in Coal Harbor in Vancouver. Such a spectacular view of the harbor and the 1st night of #celebrationoflights .
- Can’t believe we are shooting the season finale now and will be done filming on Friday. It’s been an incredible experience this first go around with friends from the past.
As @ianziering pointed out it’s been like summer camp! An experience I’ll never forget and treasure forever. Can’t wait till we film Season 2!
- We premiere August 7th on @foxtv . - So glad our “family” is back together! #bettertogether #vancouver #beverlyhills #beverlyhills90210 .
- Welcome to our @bh90210 family my friend @deniserichards
Denise shared the post and wrote some words of her own regarding her casting:
"Thank you for including me T❤️ .... and having me part of @bh90210 journey 🙏🏻💕," she shared.
"talk about everything comes back full circle. One of my very first jobs was #beverlyhills90210 ❤️ love all of you guys 😘"
There's no official word from Fox on a second season, but if BH90210 takes off, there's no reason why it wouldn't return.
Spelling seems eager to come back, and the other cast members would probably sign up.
"Having gone their separate ways since the original series ended 19 years ago, Jason, Jennie, Ian, Gabrielle, Brian, and Tori reunite when one of them suggests it’s time to get a Beverly Hills, 90210 reboot up and running," reads the official logline.
"But getting it going may make for an even more delicious soap than the reboot itself. What will happen when first loves, old romances, friends and frenemies come back together, as this iconic cast – whom the whole world watched grow up together – attempts to continue from where they left off?”
What are your thoughts on Denise joining the cast?
Hit the comments below.
Paul Dailly is the Associate Editor for TV Fanatic. Follow him on Twitter.