In its simplest terms, feminism is about equality when it comes to gender. A deeper examination of the term also places a specific look into the way that minority groups are uplifted and given the same chance as white women and men.
Looking at the way TV explores the topic, many examples of a male character that could fit the term feminist is based on the relationships they share with those around them, specifically women, and the way they confront their privilege if they are a white male.
Usually, these characters don't actually reference that they are feminists, but their view of equality allows for conversation to go there regardless.
Here is a slideshow of male TV characters that are probably feminists, many of whom are men of color that obviously fit that example, and some white men as well that are aware of the privilege that they hold and that learn how to not let that dictate the way they view equality.
1. Magnus Bane - Shadowhunters
2. Bellamy Blake - The 100
3. Garrett McNeill - Superstore
4. Ravi Chakrabarti - iZombie
5. Alex Crawford - The Bold Type
6. Marcus Kane - The 100
Wait! There's more Male TV Characters That Are Probably Feminists! Just click "Next" below:Next
- Photo Galleries, Multi-Show
- Shadowhunters, The 100, iZombie, Superstore, Parks and Recreation, Sense8, Outlander, Lucifer, The Bold Type, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, American Horror Story, One Day At A Time, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, This Is Us, The X-Files, Teen Wolf
- Related Photos:
- Photo Galleries Slideshows, Multi-Show Slideshows, Shadowhunters Slideshows, The 100 Slideshows, iZombie Slideshows, Superstore Slideshows, Parks & Rec Slideshows, Sense8 Slideshows, Outlander Slideshows, Lucifer Slideshows, The Bold Type Slideshows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Slideshows, American Horror Story Slideshows, One Day At A Time Slideshows, Brooklyn Nine-Nine Slideshows, This Is Us Slideshows, The X-Files Slideshows, Teen Wolf Slideshows
- Related Posts:
- Created by:
- Yana Grebenyuk