After a behind-the-scenes photo of Grant in his new super-suit leaked out to the public, fans eviscerated his new Flash suit and then proceeded to rip apart his body image.
As a result of the backlash, huge news outlets picked up the story, such as ABC News, CNN, and People Magazine. Tons of support poured from every end to not only highlight the double standard in the body shaming of men and women but to also applaud Gustin’s strength in the face of it.
Like news outlets should, they covered an injustice and highlighted the issues that create and stem from this injustice.
However, an injustice that has gone on for almost a decade that has yet to be recognized stems from the hate and vitriol commonly thrown at actresses that don't receive nearly the same amount of coverage.
Since we’ve gotten the chance to read about the horrible injustice of body shaming men for things we praise women for let’s also identify a running list of actresses who have been attacked by fans for various "reasons" from race to shipping wars.
1. Gal Gadot (Diana Prince - Wonder Woman)
2. Anna Diop (Starfire - Titans)
3. January Jones (Betty Draper - Mad Men)
4. Meghan Ory (Red Riding Hood - Once Upon A Time)
5. Pearl Mackie (Bill Potts - Doctor Who)
6. Emily Vancamp (Sharon Carter - Captain America Franchise)
Wait! There's more Actresses Who Received Hate But Hardly Any Corresponding Coverage! Just click "Next" below:Next
- Multi-Show, Photo Galleries
- The Flash, Arrow, Mad Men, Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who, Riverdale, Sleepy Hollow, Breaking Bad, The Vampire Diaries
- Related Photos:
- Multi-Show Slideshows, Photo Galleries Slideshows, The Flash Slideshows, Arrow Slideshows, Mad Men Slideshows, Once Upon a Time Slideshows, Doctor Who Slideshows, Riverdale Slideshows, Sleepy Hollow Slideshows, Breaking Bad Slideshows, Vampire Diaries Slideshows
- Related Posts:
- Created by:
- Candice Horde