Providing us with the easiest segue we'll have this year, ABC's Selfie did not receive many Likes last night.
The Karen Gillan and John Cho-anchored sitcom premiere to 4.9 million viewers and a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49 years old.
It was then followed by another soft ABC debut, as Manhattan Love Story opened to 4.3 million viewers and a 1.3 rating among the same demographic.
The sitcom block finished in third place in the hour (Fox’s Utopia came in fourth), though it actually fared better than the combination of New Girl and The Mindy Project on Fox, both of which are really struggling this season.
- NCIS: New Orleans (16.4 million, 2.3) only fell 8 percent for its second episode.
- Also on CBS: NCIS Season 12 Episode 2 (18.6 mil/2.6) was the most-watched show of the night, while Person of Interest (10.8 mil/1.8) ticked up two percent and a tenth, respectively.
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD (4.5 million, 1.7) dropped 19 percent, while ABC’s immortality drama Forever (5.6 million, 1.3) fell a troubling 28 percent for its third episode.
- The Voice (13.5 mil/4.0) remained mostly even from last week, while Chicago Fire (9 mil/2.4) dipped two tenths from its surprising, death-filled premiere.
- New Girl (2.4 mil/1.2) fell a tenth , while The Mindy Project (2.3 mil/1.1) rose 10 percent and a tenth, though both sitcoms will be fortunate to see another season, sadly, at this rate.