Fox is officially 0-2.
Following an abysmal premiere for Minority Report, Scream Queens Season 1 Episode 1 aired on Monday night... though few television viewers appeared to care.
The Ryan Murphy-penned drama opened to just 4 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating among 18-49-year olds, topping the numbers garnered by Utopia in the same timeslot last September.
But that is saying very little.
Elsewhere around the dial:
- The Muppets debuted to strong numbers, 8.9 million viewers and a 2.8 demographic rating. It finished second on the night among young adults to The Voice.
- Also on ABC, Fresh Off the Boat returned to 6.1 million viewers, a full million more than witnessed its May finale; while the Dancing with the Stars elimination special was a marked increase over last Tuesday’s recap special.
- Limitless opened well for CBS (9.8 million/1.8 rating), actually improving on the Person of Interest finale in the same time slot from this spring.
- NCIS Season 13 Episode 1 (17.7 million/2.4) led the evening in total viewers, while NCIS: New Orleans (12.5 million/1.7) fell far short of its series debut in terms of those same total viewers.
- On NBC, The Voice and Best Time Ever remained relatively even when compared to last week's airings.