MTV failed to garner much traction for the season 5B premiere of Teen Wolf and the series premiere of The Shannara Chronicles.
Teen Wolf Season 5 Episode 11 saw the show continue to lose viewers. In a new time period, the show managed just 1.1 million viewers and a 0.5 rating among people 18-49. The aging series has now shed over a third of the ratings since the first episode of Season 5.
After that, the two-hour debut of The Shannara Chronicles managed 1 million and a 0.5 rating. Considering the amount of promotion that went into this show, these numbers must be disappointing for MTV. The show looks very expensive, so it might be one and done for this one!
And elsewhere around the cable dial:
- On OWN, The Haves and The Have Nots (3.1 million viewers/0.9 rating) returned down double digits, but it still led the cable ratings.
- On Lifetime, Dance Moms (1.4 million/0.5 rating) was in line with recent airings, but new lead-out, Pitch Slapped (0.7 million/0.3 rating) struggled.
- On History, The Curse of Oak Island (2.8 million/0.9 rating) and The Curse of Oak Island After Show (1.7 million viewers/0.5 rating) continued to pull in solid ratings.
- On Discovery, Moonshiners (1.9 million/0.8 rating) and Killing Fields (1.4 million/0.5 rating) turned in strong perfomances.
- On Bravo, The Real Housewives of Beverley Hills (1.7 million/0.8 rating) was strong, but Girlfriends Guide To Divorce (0.6 million/0.3 rating) struggled.
- And on Syfy, The Expanse (0.6 million/0.2 rating) continued to pull in miserable numbers.
Paul Dailly is a staff writer for TV Fanatic. Follow him on Twitter.