If a show hypes a season finale, but no one turns out to watch it, did the episode actually air? ABC and NBC are both asking that question today.
At 9 p.m., last night's installment of Heroes averaged 6.4 million viewers, as the ending of the third season didn't attract any more eyeballs than last week's episode.
Meanwhile, an hour earlier, Chuck played to 6.1 million faithful fans, also the same figure as last week.
Among other primetime pickings:
- Another injury, another big night for Dancing With the Stars: 19.4 million viewers.
- Two and a Half Men (14.1 million) dominated among adults between the ages of 18-49.
- House (11.4 million) is running about 25 percent behind last year.
- Ouch. Gossip Girl (2 million) gets 100 times more attention than viewers.
- The Big Bang Theory (9.3 million) and How I Met Your Mother (8.9 million) were strong.