It won't be available in time to use as a stocking stuffer, but the first season DVD of Game of Thrones will at least be available before season two kicks off in April.
As first reported by Entertainment Weekly, season one of the HBO smash will be released on March 6, retail for $59.99 ($79.99 for Blu-ray) and include the following features:
- Complete Guide to Westeros: A map and compendium of the houses and lands depicted on season one.
- Making Game of Thrones: Interviews with the cast and crew; new footage from the set.
- Character Profiles: A closer look at the 15 main characters and those behind them.
- Creating the Show Open: An examination of the Emmy-winning opening title sequence.
- From the Book to the Screen: Executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss discuss the challenges of adapting the classic George R.R. Martin novels.
- Creating the Dothraki Language: How the heck did they come up with this?!?
- Audio Commentaries from various cast and crew members.
- Hidden Dragon Eggs: Discover clues about the series you never previously came across.
Earlier this month, HBO released an in-production video that gave fans a brief look at season two. Watch it HERE.