Ready to enter the Newsroom, HBO viewers?
The network has unveiled its first promo for Aaron Sorkin's latest creation, a drama that premieres on June 24 and stars Jeff Daniels as the "Jay Leno of news anchors," as teased in the following video, the face of a cable news program best known for never taking a side.
Until all that changes during the tense Q&A that kicks off this trailer. Watch what happens when Daniels' Will McAvoy finally makes his controversial opinions on America known and then decide: Will you tune in for Newsroom?
Newsroom also stars:
- Emily Mortimer as producer Mackenzie MacHale.
- Alison Pill as associate producer Maggie.
- Dev Patel as an employee named Neal.
- Olivia Munn as Sloan, a financial analyst with a show on the network.
- Sam Waterston as Charlie Skinner, the president of the network.
- Jane Fonda as Leona Lansing, CEO of Atlantis World Media, the parent company of the network.
HBO also aired the first preview for True Blood Season 5 last night.