TNT has given the green light to Monday Mornings, a new medical drama produced by David E. Kelley and based on a book by CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
The series will be set in Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon and center on Alfred Molina as Dr. Harding Hooten, along with:
- Ving Rhamas Dr. Jorge "El Gato" Villanueva
- Jamie Bamber as Dr. Tyler Wilson
- Jennifer Finnigan as Dr. Tina Ridgeway
- Bill Irwin as Dr. Buck Tierney (Irwin)
- Keong Sim as Dr. Sung Park
- Sarayu Rao as Dr. Sydney Napur (Rao)
- Emily Swallow as Dr. Michelle Robidaux
“Monday Mornings is a superb drama brought to life with passion by a gifted ensemble cast and some of the best creative minds working in television today," said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "David, Sanjay and their team have given us an outstanding addition to TNT’s stable of high-profile dramas, and we’re very proud to have it on the network."
No premiere date has been set for Monday Mornings.
Earlier this month, TNT renewed Southland for a fifth season.