HBO has come to an agreement with Amazon that makes Prime Instant Video the exclusive online-only subscription home for select network programming.
Subscribers to this service will have access to such classic programs as The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Wire, Big Love, Deadwood, Eastbound & Down, Family Tree, Enlightened and Treme, along early seasons of Boardwalk Empire and True Blood.
They will be available starting on May 21.
Previous seasons of shows such as Girls, The Newsroom and Veep will become available over the course of the multi-year agreement, typically three years after airing on HBO.
"HBO has produced some of the most groundbreaking, beloved and award-winning shows in television history, with more than 115 Emmys amongst the assortment of shows coming to Prime members next month,” said Brad Beale, Director of Content Acquisition for Amazon.
"HBO original content is some of the most-popular across Amazon Instant Video - our customers love watching these shows. Now Prime members can enjoy a collection of great HBO shows on an unlimited basis, at no additional cost to their Prime membership."
By the end of 2014, as part of this arrangement, HBO GO will also be available on Fire TV.
Starting May 21, the following will be available on Amazon Prime:
- All seasons of The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Rome and Six Feet Under, and of recent favorites such as Eastbound & Down, Enlightened and Flight of the Conchords.
- Angels in America, Band of Brothers, John Adams, The Pacific and Parade’s End.
- Select seasons of current series such as Boardwalk Empire, Treme and True Blood.
- Documentaries including the Autopsy and Iceman series, Ghosts of Abu Ghraib and When the Levees Broke.
- Comedy specials from Lewis Black, Ellen DeGeneres, Louis CK and Bill Maher.
Want more HBO?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!