J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

How strangely fitting that these morons of writers ( and there really isn't another term that will do) ended the series with the mother of all plotholes and character inconcistencies.

I’ve always accused these writers of being too stupid to realize the implication of what they were actually writing but to not realize the number of contradictions that they’ve created with Dan being GG is not only stupid but also arrogant; they either think that people are that stupid not to notice or that they are not worthy of a decent product.

At least, we should feel vindicated in the sense that it was a bunch of abject idiots with the attention span of a gnat who chose Chair over Dair.

Posted at
1109 posts
Ritam24
Ok GG. Whatever. Serena ends up with Dan or GG. Somebody who stalked her, insulted her at every step in her life. She accepts him coz he's finally one of them. Ewww... Blair and chuck. Enough's been sad, but blair telling serena that whatever chuck has done to her is forgiven, coz chuck is from the same social circle as her. That was so disturbing. William and Lily ...whatever. He left you then lied to you about cancer..gave away your mothers money to a con artist and yes cheated on you with your sis and had a kid. Wow. Do you guys see a pattern here? All these prior mentioned couples make Jack and Georgina look normal and healthy. Lol.
Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

I'm not even joking when I say that the writers and producers should be ashamed of the final product.

ding ding ding.
Posted at
188 posts

what a hot steaming pile of shit the finale was..it was a big f-you to rationality...but i guess thats what this show has been since mid s2 really.Thats whe it should have ended

Posted at

what a hot steaming pile of shit the finale was..it was a big f-you to rationality...but i guess thats what this show has been since mid s2 really.Thats whe it should have endedITA

Posted at
39 posts
Kami

Why would Dan still tell Blair that he loved her when he was in possession of her diary entry the whole time? The thing that really got on my nerves is that they couldn't even throw a bone at the Dan/Blair relationship. It was one of the most beautifully written relationships in the show.Even if you weren't going to put them together, atleast show that they once cared for one another. That was not all fabricated.

Posted at
1535 posts
Tinatrina

Yes. They deleted all of Blair's feelings this season.  Not even friendship or just mere human consideration remained. It's an AU season.

Posted at
Chris (undeclared)
2404 posts
Undeclared

Kami - Savage and co. never thought Dair was going to be as popular as the pairing was. While the buzz kept the show going, it also interfered with Savage's wet dream of Chair babies with ugly bowties. Come the shortened season 6, the writers had to do anything and everything they could to negate Dair in order to make Chair and Derena plausible. They had to completely obliterate Dair through nonsensical obstacles because if they didn't, Dair would still be a pairing. In other words, Dan and Blair were too natural a pairing once you put them together. 

Maybe with a full season they could have tied everything up in a pretty little bow, but as it stands now, the two big endgame pairings are the ones that are the most disgusting. There has been zero character growth, and in fact, several characters (here's looking at you, Blair) have regressed. 

i was going to comment on each character separately but it's easier to just say this: they are all terrible human beings. 

Posted at
1026 posts
Magnus

hahaha - Are you guys shitting me? - Is this for real?I haven't entered TWoP yet  -  They must have a field day with this ending over there.

So this means that all this new levels of the Dan hate in S5 that took place in the other thread was all for nothing basically  -  When it turns out that Dan himself was telling and sending the truth to Chuck all along - Shit I can't stop laughing,  and I was playing with the idea seeing this very last episode when it airs in Sweden in  the beging of January,  they are on 6 or 7 now.

But hell no to that idea now  -  This was all that I needed to see and read. Dan outsmarted NBJC from the very first episode  -  That was the best part I take with me from this.

Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

Maybe with a full season they could have tied everything up in a pretty little bow, but as it stands now, the two big endgame pairings are the ones that are the most disgusting. 

When they had time to do something interesting, they gave us Blouis and a pregnancy! What they chose to do is actually apologize, to some fans, that at some point there was a Dair; was it necessary for Blair to insult Dan several times in every episode? That to me was more disturbing than having terrible human beings in the show.

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.