J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

But I have read about all the comments in TWoP, and it's safe to say that this season was the biggest written cop-out and pandering in history due to Chair.  And the star and responsible for that travesty and monstrosity is the one and only Stephanie Savage.

Not Chair, but Chuck, you had to see what they did to Blair. 99% of the Chair scenes were actually Blair saying that she couldn’t wait to be with Chuck, I think they did it at least once per episode even if it were the only Chair scene.

@ Jay  - Happy New Year man -  7 point lead for Man U,  but they're really uneven this season -  They were utterly bad against Swansea on the 23th.

Happy 2013; SAF refuses to have a real defensive midfielder and it shows against any team that can hold the ball in midfield.

Posted at
jamgal
7 posts

@ Magnus - yes, it's me! Thanks for the recognition...I think that all Dair lovers are insightful, reasonable and logical, which is why we're so frustrated...because this show certainly did not deserve it. Season 6 was HORRIBLE...even worse than the massacre that took place in 5x24 - if you can imagine that. I also did not watch this season, in fact I haven't watched an episode in full since 5x23 so I guess I don't have all the mental images to contend with. I have watched a few scenes here and there are they were just GOD awful...how sorry I feel for ALL of the actors.

@ Juliette - Remember though in the world of GG Dan was not destroyed...he ultimately became one of them and received the ultimate prize...his Golden Girl Serena. I mean look at the end of the series...the GG we know basically ended with Serena descending in all her glory to get together with Dan...everyone was brought back for it and that's how the current show ended...before the little voiceover...and even that was about Dan - the first outsider to make it it. I think that if we were veiweing this from a normal, rational perspective (unlike the writers and Chair/Derena stans) it would seem like Dan became the devil...out of nowhere but unfortunately, he just lost himself in an attempt to become one of them. Personally, I think it would have been better and much less depressing to show Dan making it into the UES without selling his soul but maybe that's the only way? And maybe that was the point? At the end of the show I couldn't figure out it I was supposed to think that the UES was the greatest place on earth (I don't) or whether Dan's journey (since it was all about him) was a cautionary tale about losing yourself to the darkside.

However, I'm with you...I still maintain that Dan was a good guy and this piece of retcon won't change my mind no matter how hard Chuckistans try to say otherwise. The fact that they are still trolling Dair boards just means that they are looking for validation from among their fellow Chuck stans that he was indeed a good guy...maybe he was no longer a serial attempted rapist and pimp...but he was never and will never be a good guy to me...honestly, that's why I liked him to begin with.

@J_Tati - you are so right about it being all about Chuck. I've read a majority of the comments from various online sites and they all pretty much confirm that all Chair stans wanted was for Chuck to finally get the family he deserved and the love he deserved...very few of them talk about Blair or what she deserved...as far as I'm concerned...they could have just inserted any girl to give Chuck his HEA...it didn't have to be Blair. Even the show perpetuates that belief - they spent whole season focused on Chuck defeating Bart (who although he was never going to win father of the year was never balls out evil...until they needed him to be so that poor Chuckles could be the hero) and spent one episode making Blair become successful...complete waste of time and obviousl where there motivations lie.

Posted at
jamgal
7 posts

I should add that I don't really have any issues with the majority of Derena fans...just a few who get nasty from time to time. As I've said before, Derena fans tend to like Dan (or at least I hope they do) so I have no complaints there...we just happen to think differently about his true HEA. However, Chair stans have always been a boil on the butt of humanity...and decensy for that matter...truthfully, I never really hated Chuck...just Chair. However, Chuck stans make me want to hate Chuck.

Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

@jamgal, I wish you had joined this forum much earlier! What I had noticed around S4, after joining this forum, was that the primary rule of the Chuccultists is that Chuck owns Blair; for some reasons it’s also about Blair being his loyal worshiper.  We’ve debated the meaning of it over the years and that’s why we’ve created terms like chuccultist, the Chuck-owns-Blair-show etc… It appeared to me that these Chuck worshippers have also daddy and mommy issues. Why else would they enjoy seeing a very strong female character owned, abused and degraded by an asshole?

That being said, I never hated Chuck or what he did to Blair. In a different show, trading a girlfriend for a hotel could have been used differently and of course more intelligently. In fiction and drama, well written complex relationships can be worth watching. I didn‘t like Chair because I didn’t see anything in it and I felt that my intelligence was being insulted each time they’ve shoved down our throats the line, or its equivalent, that Chair was meant to be without backing with anything substantial.

Posted at
jamgal
7 posts

@ J_Tati: I wish I had been too but around the middle of season 2 GG basically became a waste of time for me - DS lost thier spark and CB were mind-numbingly boring. I had never really paid much attenton to CB - always just thought they would have a fling and then move on. When TPTB decided to elevacate them to "EPIC LOVE" status I was thoroughly confused and had to go back and re-watch some old episodes to see if I had missed anything...of course I hadn't, I didn't happen.

CB has to be the most over-hyped relationship I've ever seen...but then I have to remind myself that I am not within the target demo for this show and so I guess in the land of tweens and bored adult women...this is what constitutues for great love? Sad state of affairs if you ask me. CB has little foundation and absolutely no substance unless you count year after year of Blair constantly degrading herself to prove herself wothy of Chuck's love while he at the same time plays games and treats her badly. Serously, do women find this attractive in a man? Shame on you writers.

For me, and alot of others (non Chuck fans, non shippers, media), Dair was the only bright spark that came out of this mess and I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. Whatever Chuck/Chair stans see in CB they can have tbh because after six seasons and a season finale that showed me CB together with a kid...I'm STILL shaking my head about the fact that they completely skipped over actually showing me a relationship on screen that would've warranted such an endgame...but their fans are eating it up...I guess some people like Ikea some people like Ethan Allen!

Anyway, I'd glad to see that I'm not alone...again, never hated any of the characters but just seriously never understood the over-hyped Chair relationship and maybe I'm a decade too old to do so. Too bad I didn't discover you guys sooner because based on the previous posts I've seen, I think I would have enjoyed what appeared to be some lively, witty discourse!

Posted at
3309 posts
Dairblairtruelove

I am always surprised of the emptiness of tv shows nowadays. My cousin makes me watch shows like Dawson's creek which actually have interesting storylines with people who actually really care about each other and real dilemna that makes you think : What would I do in that situation? Unfortunately shows now don't really make you think about anything. You just sit there with some hot coco and a blanket and poison your eyes with meaningless things

Posted at
1026 posts
Magnus

@ Juliette  I blame all the reality tv shows that air nowadays, they put in little effort in the drama shows  -  With HBO being the only exception,  they rule the tv drama/comedy and no networks come close to them.

Plus it doesn't help when the network  (CW)  with their producers  (Savage)  succumbs due to some crazy ass fans.

Posted at
1026 posts
Magnus

Anyway back to why I came here:  In spite for better or rather lack of judgment I just watched the very last episode of GG here in Sweden - Anna refused to see it btw,  but I needed some closure and see it for my self.

After watching it I feel very dumbfounded,  I haven't seen any episodes beside this one but it's safe to say they forgot or disregarded S5 and they throw every character under the bus except for Chuck of course.

But I spare you with all my poorly written rant and give this quote and link from were it comes from  -  Read the article and  comments on that link below, it put my faith in humanity again.  I found this in TWoP btw

http://mediasplosion.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/gossip-girl-post-mortem-the-message-it-sent-and-why-it-matters/

I just quote my favorite part that article  -  This was my feelings also after watching it.

"Let’s fast forward to last night’s series finale.  I’ll just rattle off some details of what went down.  Chuck let his father fall to his death.  Agreed to finally marry Blair only after that so she couldn’t testify as a witness (omg romance!).  Dan was revealed as Gossip Girl (lolz forever) and the ultimate evil outsider of all things. Blair got mad but Serena defended him even though he hated on her as Dan and as Gossip Girl a lot. Serena brought up Chuck’s spotty record.  Blair said it was okay because  “Chuck is one of us.” YAY classism!  Serena didn’t curr and married Dan anywayz.  Nate ran for mayor.   –  xoxo Dan Humphrey."

Or what Jamgal wrote in TWoP -  Blair could have been so much more than Chuck's concubine...the Blair Waldorf from season 1 and part of season 2 would be so sad to see how she turned out.  

-  Damn straight

Manchester United beat Liverpool earlier today -  This upcoming week is gonna be good

Posted at
1026 posts
Magnus

I forgot this - Bye!

Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

Manchester United beat Liverpool earlier today -  This upcoming week is gonna be good

I’m glad I checked this thread Magnus, I was going to PM you! I’m not happy with a couple of players, and you can guess one of them. The score could have been 3-0 at half time but I take the threee points!

I had never really paid much attenton to CB - always just thought they would have a fling and then move on. When TPTB decided to elevacate them to "EPIC LOVE" status I was thoroughly confused and had to go back and re-watch some old episodes to see if I had missed anything...of course I hadn't, I didn't happen.

I didn’t have to go back and watch previous episodes, they were obviously trying to sell us something that didn’t exist but I too was caught by surprise when they started inserting lines in the dialogues to tell us how to interpret that relationship.

@Juliette & Maguns, my recommendation is  “house of Lies” that is coming back tonight on Showtime after a long hiatus; it’s based on the book "House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Then Tell You the Time" and it shows how you can turn a major a—hole like Chuck into an ewntertaining character.

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Gossip Girl Quotes

And who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell ... You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl

[to Jenny] That's the thing. You need to be cool to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off. So her daughter Elizabeth made a vow never to marry a man. She married a country. Forget boys. Keep your eye on the prize, Jenny Humphrey. You can't make people love you, but you can make them fear you. For what it's worth, you're my Queen. I choose you.

Blair
x Close Ad