Are you a TV Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for free!
http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/Vampire%20DiariesI seriously hope they do make Alaric a series regular. He is one of my favorites, next to Damon. :)
5 Reasons We're Excited About More Matt Davis on Vampire Diaries
Matt Davis tells TVGuide.com that it's looking pretty likely that Alaric Saltzman, the teacher and part-time vampire slayer he plays on The Vampire Diaries, will be back for Season 2. To commemorate that good news, we decided to count the ways we love Alaric.
1. Alaric's a great foil for Damon.Alaric first teamed up with Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) to save Damon's brother Stefan (Paul Wesley); this time the odd pairing will have to protect Mystic Falls — and thus their lost loves — from whatever Johnathan Gilbert (David Anders) has planned for Founder's Day. As Davis says, "Two guys have a similar goal in life: to find the woman that's left them for no particular reason. I enjoy the moments when they look at each other with disgust and respect."
2. He's about to reunite with his dead/vampire wife.Alaric's true love, Isobel (Mia Kirshner), has been missing for two years. It turns out she isn't dead, she's undead. "It's one of the moments when you spend your whole life anticipating something or searching for something and it happens and it never really goes the way you expect it to go," Davis says. An added wrinkle: Isobel is also Elena's birth mother.
3. He's a survivor.When asked about the rumored-to-be-bloody season-ender, Davis jokes, "In the season finale, they all die." Or was he joking? "That's where you have to stick around and see what happens," he adds.
4. Matt's totally a Method actor.Alaric spends so much time in the high school, it's as though he lives there, which is familiar territory for the actor. "Ironically enough, I had to relocate to Atlanta [where Vampire Diaries films] and there's an old school that's been converted into lofts, so I actually live in a classroom."
5. He's Twitter-savvy.The 31-year-old actor with the very common given name thus goes by @Ernesto RileyFS on Twitter. "My buddy Zach [Roerig] found out I had a Twitter account and promptly notified 50,000 of his followers and within a half-hour, my inbox and had something like 2,000 emails... It's been fun getting a sense of a fan base through that channel. I'm juggling three personalities, Alaric, Ernesto Riley and [Matt] — I go with whatever best suits my mood at the time.
I hope they don't! I liked his character.