Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
2425 posts

I read somewhere that the professor will have something going on with Elena and/or Caroline. Whether it's romantic or not I can't say. I hope he and Caroline hook up. It's about time Caroline is naughty.

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes
I don't care about naughty.I just want her over Tyler.And Hottie McHawt seems like a good choice for a rebound.
Posted at
2425 posts

Then it turns out he's actually a badass vampire and it turns Caroline off because she only likes little boys who can't fight.

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

lol Tri, I read your essay and I don't particularly disagree with anything you wrote. The thing is

You focused too much on the witches' death, while my post wasn't specifically about that. Caroline participating in/agreeing to the death of that werewolf boy in 406 and then trying to excuse herself to Tyler saying "he wasn't our friend" bothered me way more than the witches which, like you said, was a spontaneous thing. I never said Caroline was in the same league as Klaus. I'm not that delusional. :P She is nowhere near Klaus, or Damon, or Stefan for that matter. That doesn't mean she's a goody two shoes though or that she should act like one. Just because she's better than a monster doesn't mean she isn't a grey character herself and the show never acknowledges that. I wasn't thinking about DE at all when I called her judgemental. She has every right to dislike Damon and judge Elena for getting with her abuser 5 minutes after she broke up with his brother. I don't have any problems with her attitude towards DE, it's completely justified (although I wish the writers had acknowledged the issues between her and Damon instead of having Elena randomly slutshame her and Caroline answer with BS dialog like "better a ripper than a manwhore", but I guess we can't call poor victim Damon out on his abusive behavior).

Idk, I think my thoughts were a bit different in my head but they came off a bit differently when written down I guess. Anyway. I just wish the show would embrace Caroline's vampirism a bit more. I don't want her to become a ripper or anything, just little bits here and there. Like the scene where she told Alaric that she enjoyed killing those people, that was nice. Most of the time I don't even remember she's a vampire . I know a lot people will say "that's why we love her" but personally I'd like a bit more balance between the Caroline who still tries to hold on to her humanity and the Caroline who is a vampire with urges. Pleccy gets her dangerously close to Mary-Sue territory sometimes.

Also, the entire Mystic Falls gang are hypocrites. They gladly killed Finn (who was irrelevant and harmless) and by default all his sires. They were willing to kill Klaus AND Tyler AND thousands of clueless vampires he had sired. They certainly tried to do the same with Rebekah some time in season 4 (Stefan and Caroline did, if I remember correctly). So, since almost everyone in the show is cool with genocide, moral high horses shouldn't be allowed for anyone.

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

If Caroline gets with him,i'll forget aboout Klaroline in a jiffy LOL.

I read somewhere that the professor will have something going on with Elena and/or Caroline.

Pehraps he'll be the new Alaric? I doubt it will be romantic. Elena already has Damon and the new guy whose name I can't remember, and we know Caroline will be spending time with Jesse for a while, and then Tyler will show up. Both girls have their hands full for the time being.

Btw I've seen a few more pics of the new professor and he's not even that hot to me? Idk. Also, I don't find the Jesse guy as ugly as Tri thinks (he's a POC though so I bet he'll be the first one to die). We'll see which couple works and which doesn't, looks aren't that important. What matters the most is their ability to act (if someone is Roerig levels of stiffness there's no chance I'll like him with any of the girls) and the chemistry they'll have with the girls (good luck with that, Jesse boy).

Either way I expect Elena and Caroline to still be with Damon and Tyler until the midseason finale at least. TyTy isn't even going to return i9n the first few episodes and I doubt the writers will have them break up as soon as he arrives. It will take time, I'm afraid.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

LOL. It's not that I think Care or Klaus are incapable of having great chemistry with other people besides each other, but I'm not going to glance at a picture and say they need to make out, I'd rather watch the scenes first. But this season I hope they tone down this goody goody judgy crap, what annoys me even more is that Candice is content with this, your character doesn't have to be a ripper or go dark but why are you so thrilled about her being in a boring ass bubble 

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

^Call me a total stan but i think she doesn't really say anything cos she isn't much into complaining or is just kissin Julie's ass.I mean she wasn't so opposed to Klaroline either,before the fandom blew up and got compeltely crazy.You can tell she is sick of it though.Atleast thats what i get from her interviews,fake excitement.

@Patri LOL That is MEAN! :(

Caroline participating in/agreeing to the death of that werewolf boy in 406 and then trying to excuse herself to Tyler saying "he wasn't our friend" bothered me way more than the witches which, like you said, was a spontaneous thing

Oh i agree and i wouldn't have side eyed as much if they had actually acknowledged  it later and made Caroline reflect upon it(just like the witch killings)but like most things tvd,it got ignored.So i chalk all that upto the writing discrepancies coz otherwise that might mean that Caroline is manipulative and ruthless but we can't have that can we?She can only be the town cheerleader and local bimbo.

I just wish the show would embrace Caroline's vampirism a bit more. I don't want her to become a ripper or anything, just little bits here and there. Like the scene where she told Alaric that she enjoyed killing those people, that was nice. Most of the time I don't even remember she's a vampire . I know a lot people will say "that's why we love her" but personally I'd like a bit more balance between the Caroline who still tries to hold on to her humanity and the Caroline who is a vampire with urges. Pleccy gets her dangerously close to Mary-Sue territory sometimes. omg THIS.SO.FUCKING.MUCH.One of the biggest reasons i like Caroline(besides her being simply awesome,duh!) is that she embraced her vamipre side instead of whining and crying around(fine,she whined a little) but the fact that she is so awesome at it now,that she doesn't even have a teensy bit problem with blood around is ridic.She is what?only a year old and she has mastered it better than even Damon?(okay,not the best example but  i couldn't think of anyone,Elijah?Bekah?)PUH-LEASE!S-2 Caroline was this and so much more.She had problems,she had a life,a human one and a vampire one and she struggled to manage it.I want that back,thats was so much more fun to see than Caroline play wife to Tyler and Stefan'/Stelena's personal cheerleader and the object of Klaus' affections. But but  buuuut after watching the last two seasons playing the same old song,i don't hold much hopes for her character anymore.The only thing i rly want to happen is for Caroline to get rid of Tyler and maybe(bc she HAS to have a bf) get with a hot guy,Jesse just doesn't do it for me.Prof McHawt though,seems like a great palate cleanser.
Posted at
Patri
742 posts

what annoys me even more is that Candice is content with this, your character doesn't have to be a ripper or go dark but why are you so thrilled about her being in a boring ass bubble 

I think it's because Candice approaches the story from a real life perspective. When she thinks about Caroline she doesn't ask herself 'what would be more challenging for me as an actress?', she asks 'what would I want for this girl if she were real?'. That's why she'd rather Caroline have a normal life, a 'safe' choice in her love life etc. 

It is very endearing but also a bit problematic because fiction=/=real life. For example, in one of the conventions she attended she talked about how complicated Klaroline is and said something like "true love isn't complicated, true love is simple". Which, keeping in mind the basic rules of television, is totally wrong. Perhaps love is simple in real life (idek lol), but in fiction it's exactly the opposite: the more complicated a relationship is, the more likely it is to turn out as the one true love that has everyone rooting for it to succeed. A fictional creation (and a supernatural one nonetheless) doesn't work with the same rules as reality does. Not at all.

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

Perhaps love is simple in real life (idek lol), but in fiction it's exactly the opposite: the more complicated a relationship is, the more likely it is to turn out as the one true love that has everyone rooting for it to succeed. A fictional creation (and a supernatural one nonetheless) doesn't work with the same rules as reality does. Not at all.

Dude,that sounds dangerously close to DE.I'd rather that not happen lol.

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

And at least Candice realises that Caroline needs to spend some time on her own, not focused on boyfriends and relationships. That's more than I can say about Pleccy and Dries who still seem to think boyfriends is the only thing the character needs. WHY DO BAD WRITERS HAPPEN TO GOOD CHARACTERS.

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.