Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries

well most of ther plotlines are an asspull lul so we it's more likely she is

Posted at
2425 posts

See we get mad at bad guy redemption arcs but we also love to criticize the bad guy for not redeeming himself (i.e. Damon not apologizing/making amends with Bonnie for turning her mom, raping Caroline, etc). We get pissed when JP glosses over what Klaus and Damon do but we hate it when the bad guys go "soft" and act nice towards the ladies they love. It's as if the bad guys can never win with the audience.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
I care more about Klaus being awesome than hooking up with Caroline, BAHAHA, OHHH I'm sorry I just luv mah bb. He's totally long term though which means more KC
Posted at
2425 posts

I'm one of the few that believes he can be awesome with Caroline. It's just Julie is a shitty writer who wants to make Klaus draw ponies and talk about hummingbirds.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Or Caroline Dries
Posted at

oh no not that cunt, she;s a poorman's version of Sarah Goodman

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

Where has this forum been all my life...

Hi.

Posted at
Cooling

Hello.

Posted at
Cooling

but we also love to criticize the bad guy for not redeeming himself

it's not what the Damon criticism is about. it's about what his fanbase (and the show) considers a redemption arc (AKA ohhh poor Damon can't let people see the good in him so he kills people, poor Damon can't have Elena so he abuses women for distraction, ect).

redemption arc wouldn't work with Klaus because a)there's actually nothing redeemable about him. b)they can't handle a redemption arc. hell, they rarely even write simple character development well.

Posted at

See we get mad at bad guy redemption arcs but we also love to criticize the bad guy for not redeeming himselfRedemption makes sense when it does make sense. 

"WE" are not mad at Damon being redeemed, we are mad because his redemption storyline SUCKS and is nowhere near the potential it had back in S1. 

Klaus on other hand IS irredeemable. He should NOT be "redeemed" because just like with Caroline somehow becoming "bad", it goes against everything that he did.

Its the same level of WTF compatibility as Aragorn in the middle of LOTR movies, suddenly doning a robe and casting spells would be. 

it's not what the Damon criticism is about. it's about what his fanbase (and the show) considers a redemption arc (AKA ohhh poor Damon can't let people see the good in him so he kills people, poor Damon can't have Elena so he abuses women for distraction, ect). redemption arc wouldn't work with Klaus because a)there's actually nothing redeemable about him. b)they can't handle a redemption arc. hell, they rarely even write simple character development well.

^This. SO MUCH

TVD writers have no talent on writing any sort of multi-layered characters. Damon keeps flip-flopping between "omg I am monster woe is me" and "yay rape rape rape" to the point that he looks like someone with multiple personality disorder than someone with multiple facets to his character.

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.