Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries
2425 posts

you know sometimes I really feel sorry for Caroline.

Like I ship Klaroline hardcore. fucking love those freaks but I love them as separate characters just as much as I love them together. But I’m just like poor Caroline because I think about how she was asking for someone to like her first, to choose her first and not even take a second glance at the other girls around her back in season one. And like Matt is sweet. He’s like literally the only “good” person on this show that hasn’t bit the dust but he was always thinking about Elena. Tyler is great. Well he wasn’t always but he’s gotten better. Besides Caroline I think he’s had some of the best character development on this show but I think because he’s a werewolf and a pack man by nature he could never put Caroline first (idk don’t bash me forwood shippers this is just my opinion).

But Klaus is selfish man. In the end he’ll take what he wants and he wants Caroline (and a few other things). And he wants her, not as a friend or as comrade or as a partner. He just wants her, all of her. Now don’t get me wrong, Klaus is a great character and I’m sure he’s fucking ace in the sack but he is nuts. Like fucking nuts, nucking futs. And poor Caroline she was freakin’ just asking for someone to want her and only her, to put her first but she was asking for like a dude who was alive and had plans to become a doctor or something and probably have 2.5 kids with him. White picket fence shit you know?

But then she finally gets someone who feels that way (minus the kids and white picket fence stuff) about her and it just so happens to be the fucking psycho. Like hasn’t Caroline had enough bullshit? Really? She gets the 1000 year old psycho? Idk. I mean it’s not like Klaus has nothing to offer her. He has a lot of offer her. He has experience and security and intensity and intelligence. He’s cultured and smooth as FUCK. Plus he’s got a great butt. what? Anyway but it’s like even if they are meant to be and it’s great it’s gonna be a lot of fucking work. Boy’s got major issues. I’m shipping it ‘till the end of the world but its gonna be FREAKIN’ WORK. God speed, Caroline.

I love this post

Posted at
2425 posts

Let’s step away from the morality of the Caroline triangle and look at what the two other participants represent for her character. Tyler represents security and love, but he also represents something that Caroline can no longer have because she’s a vampire and sooner or later, she will have to accept that the hometown life that is predictable and that she can control isn’t possible for her anymore. It’s great to want to have that person that you can rely on and that can give you the lifestyle that you always believed came with adult love (date night, great sex, and stability). But this show is about vampires, and Caroline IS a vampire…no matter how much she uses her great self-control to remain in denial about that fact and what it means for her and her relationship long-term. She and Tyler aren’t going to break up just because of Klaus; they’re going to break up because they’re changing as people and with that change comes the realization that sometimes love isn’t enough, no matter how much you want it to be. I have personal bias against Forwood because I have been there and done that and Caroline’s denial gives me traumatic flashbacks. I also feel like it was poorly developed as a romantic relationship, and I’m just growing tired of it being shoved in my face. But I understand its purpose and that this is a slow destruction that is going to have a huge impact on both of these characters going forward.

As far as my evil prince is concerned, let’s consider what he represents for Caroline. Klaus represents the unknown, and the intensity of an adult relationship that Caroline cannot entirely control. But Klaus also represents intellectualism and the profundity of consummate love that is created through the realization that the world is a big place full of possibility. He also represents the realization that the world is not black and white and that people operate in shades of gray. Thus far, he has allowed Caroline to make her own decisions and come to her own conclusions. He might be doing everything else wrong, but he has not yet made any attempt to take away Caroline’s ability to choose (bless you, baby). Let’s hope that continues.

It should be noted, however, that Klaus is not a viable love interest right now. He’s just not. The crazy is strong in this one, as evidenced by his murderous tantrum about the hybrids. But if it’s done right and Klaus is made to hold himself accountable and take steps to confront his self-loathing and stop destroying himself…Klaroline could be the ship to end all ships. Right now, however, a tentative friendship would go a long way.

Of course, watch NONE of this happen and Forwood get married and move into the Lockwood mansion and start an orphanage for underprivileged supernaturals. In which case this will be my reaction:

Tumblr is on fire today

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Both posts sound like Ariel. Who wrote these, I have her on Skype
Posted at
2425 posts

The first one was by stoppunchingmyllama and the second was by jennbeebs. Loved the first one because it's so LOL and sorta true. Klaus could be the guy that can give her everything and has everything except he's batshit crazy. It's as if God is thinking I'll give you a hot rich guy but he's also a murderous hybrid. And the second one is just plain 100% truth. Forwood=stability and high school. Klaroline= maturity and potential. JP will have Caroline choose the safe road and marry Tyler and they will probably adopt babies and live happily ever after. *sobbing*

Posted at

ph may gawd stahp mindfucking me :(

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

I don't know who you're talking about, cincookie is tolerable but it makes my day to troll Freckles.

I have no idea who cincookie is. Freckles though...Pretty sure she's the special one. Freckles1993 or something, with a forwood icon lol.

Forwood=stability and high school. Klaroline= maturity and potential. JP will have Caroline choose the safe road and marry Tyler and they will probably adopt babies and live happily ever after. *sobbing*

But doesn't high school end this season? It would be fitting for Caroline to make a big desicion in the end of the year and take a break from Tyler, regardless of what happens with Klaus. I root for forwood's breakup more than I root for klaroline lmao. The writing for them has deteriorated so much since they started their build up in season 2, it's not even funny. I used to like them back then but it quickly went downhill and now the two characters desperately need some space for a while. At least Caroline does, I don't really care about Tyler. And I don't really see the happy forwood marriage thing. Perhaps in the end of the show, if Plec wants to put a bow on everything? But right now, with ten people left rooting for them, Plec has to separate them, soon-ish. No matter how strong and edgy she likes to pretend she is, the woman pays way too much attention to the fandom and the fandom is over forwood for the biggest part.

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

idk how you guys are so optimistic about Klaroline,its going to get dropped suddenly,just like it started out of nowhere.i don't have any hopes tbh lol and

HAPPY NEW YEAR in adavnce you guys!

Posted at

happy new year to you too dearie

i dunno why either, when they have such incompetent writers to worry about.

Posted at
Patri
742 posts
I don't have any hopes that it will be properly explored (but Plec has a habit of ruining every couple that gets together, so mayby it's for the best lol). But I don't think it will get dropped soon, like I wrote earlier, Julie loves to cater to the fans and with a fanbase this big, she will probably keep teasing us. You know, give us a couple of scenes every 5 episodes to keep us talking. Classic Plec. I still think forwood will break up though, even if they end up together again. The writers have been struggling with their story for a while and I can't picture any relationship in this show lasting forever.
Posted at
Patri
742 posts

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad