Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
1565 posts
Amie

I also think betrayal could make Caroline go darker....I don't think Caroline could ever be like really Dark Caroline, but they way things are going now I could totally see this somehow evolving into Caroline maybe starting to dwell into the dark side of vampirism.....think about it, with Elena now being kind of a wild card....what if she ends up killing Liz? Because as much as I love Caroline, I am sometimes annoyed by her over optimistic enthusiasm about that someday things in their town will be ok. Because personally I know its good to have that optimism to keep you going but the reality is more often way more different than we picture it to be, and if Caroline loses her mother due Elena, I thnk that should be the last straw and her deciding that maybe she needs to get away from this place and these people, around whom there is only death and misery

Yeah, basically I just really badly want Car to be on the spin-off...

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

There's this girl I follow who is hellbent on it being Hayley, and I'm like.. I KNOW this show lacks sense but HOW does that even make sense?Meh,this is nothing.Some people are speculating its going to be Elena.and this just left me speechless.lol.I mean i know Elena turned her humanity off but seriously...LOL

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

.I don't think Caroline could ever be like really Dark Caroline, but they way things are going now I could totally see this somehow evolving into Caroline maybe starting to dwell into the dark side of vampirism.

Because as much as I love Caroline, I am sometimes annoyed by her over optimistic enthusiasm about that someday things in their town will be ok

This is what i mean by dark Caroline basically,a little less optimism lot less of her cheerleadery vibe forgodssake,a lot more of cynicism,more cold heartedness,looots more meaningless sex,compuslion,drinking from the vein sometimes and being kick ass to save her self.This is all i want.is it too much too ask?okay maybe it  is lol

Yeah, basically I just really badly want Car to be on the spin-off... You and me both,Gurl.You and me both.

Posted at
2425 posts

Dark Caroline to means being less moralistic. Being okay with killing sometimes, being okay with fucking the bad guys, not seeing things so much black and white. Like when she stopped Elena from feeding off April I rolled my eyes. Someone said Caroline was a terrible vampire and I have to agree. What kind of vampire acts like a shallow valley girl?

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

Like when she stopped Elena from feeding off April I rolled my eyes

Lol,but then again April was supposed to be someone they knew all their lives and Elena babysat her,so i guess that played a part in it too.It also saved us from 456 hours of Elena whining that she killed an innocent,so i'm not complaining.

Someone said Caroline was a terrible vampire and I have to agree. What kind of vampire acts like a shallow valley girl?LOL nicfanz.i gotta say,i love your sense of humor.anyway,yeah i agree,she is almost the twilight version of herself.I could count on my fingers the no of times she has vamped out since s3 began and most probably,its less than 5.s2 Caroline was the best.

Posted at
Alexandra29
84 posts
Alexandra29

why would klaus wants to have sex with her? and why should Elena get fucked with every male!!!! 

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Lol..I'm not saying sex with Caroline makes sense, but the Petrova and Hayley theories need to stop. Like come on

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

Honestly, I don't see how a dark Caroline would in any way advance her character. Yes she got the hybrid killed for her friends, and no she wouldn't kill for fun. But that is compromise between light and dark at work. I don't see that as evidence of her solely being one-dimensional and just filled with light. She has always been prepared to protect Elena and her friends, but just this past episode she put a stop to Bonnie's crazy talk. She also killed about 4 police officers in less than 1 minute to save Damon and Stefan soon after she got turned. Yes she's cheery and optimistic, but that doesn't mean she has no darkness in her. She is a vampire. But on her terms. I like that. I feel like even if she struggled with darkness it wouldn't be the 'flip the switch' kind.  Which is why I like the Klaus thing. Its another opportunity for her to struggle with darkness. If she were to just turn evil, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of KC for her?? To grow and accept the duality of it all, but still remain herself? It would also remove an impetus for Klaus to improve himself. They would both stagnate (regress?).

I just really dislike the thought of her becoming 'evil'.  And really, what would that even be like? After an intitial blood-filled scene where she kills innocents there would be nothing entertaining down that road. Dark Caroline would put a stop to everything she stands for. Her optimisim would be replaced with jaded cynicism. Seen enough of that on TVD. Her friendships would fall through. What about her mother? Klaroline would go kaput (there could be no relationship between the two if Caroline herself was lost). She can drink from the vain and kill while still being her regular self. She doesn't need to turn into Katherine to rock being a vampire. Never was a fan of that overly-hyped bitch. Its an OMFG moment, but ultimatly, quite empty.

As far as Caroline not being able to compromise for a guy. Well she's done it with Tyler. He used to be a wild-card, and she wasn't at all safe around him. Then there's Delena. After first being turned she had to beg her mother to accept her. She's compromised with every relationship in her life.  If she does get closer to Klaus it might come about from a moment of feeling alone (or helplessness or whatever), but not from her going 'evil'.  The whole 'switch' thing, well she's not someone who would let another talk her into turning of her humanity. It would be a decsion she has to make for herself, and I don't see it. At most she  struggles with the darkness, but she always catches herself. Which is good for her character development I think. She's strong. 

I find all these 'flipping the switch' plots annoying. Stefan's was the only interesting one. But Elena? She goes off and bullies the competition at a cheerleading meet. Not worth it. And then there's the whole flipping it back on thing. How the hell does it happen? If Klaus' is off, then how is he capable of loving Caroline? Stefan too, still felt for Elena throughout (ie: heartbreaking phone call scene). Is Damon's off? I don't trust it with Caroline lol She's my favourite. The rest can act all emo. She doesn't need to get all Jeremy circa season 1 to be interesting.

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

good lord! sorry about the essay guys. You don't have to read it lol. I just didn't realize how much i f'ing wrote haha

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

I loathe dark Caroline as much as I loathe light Klaus. What makes that pairing interesting is the fact that they're completely different yet the same. I'd prefer if circumstances got them together rather than one of them changing. And by circumstances I don't mean a sire bond 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.