Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
2296 posts
Charishma

what annoys me even more is the amount of time i spend thinking about it lol.

I have a very strange feeling Tyler comes back for a funeral. What with all the death, its hard not to think of it lol. Maybe Liz does die :(. But then again when her Dad died he left her a messge right? Maybe its Caroline that dies. Either that or Klaus leaves (and doesn't come back) and Ty feels its safe.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
LOL everyone is thinking about it, well idk. I just think KC has an advantage because the writers aren't invested with Tyler
Posted at

and Spike and Buffy were never really a couple.

Eh, sorry, but they spent a whole season as enemies hating each other(S2), then an entire season as frienemy rivals who troll each other(S4), then an entire season as frienemy couple who refuses to admit they are that(S5), then an entire season of hatesex wrecked dysfunctional bastards(S6) who hate everything and then an entire season as a sort-of couple that trumphs everyone and everything in the way(S7). 

Hell the last words she ever said in the show was sort-of love declaration to him. Not to mention the whole cene being a callback to the interaction in fifth season with  Spike being the one who said "I love you" and Buffy being the one who said "no you don't". Which is not unusual since the last season had a lot of role reversals between them, as well as callbacks to their previous scenes. 

You can't get a bigger level of synchronocity than S7-Spuffy. They inspired each other, supported each other, were only ones to get what each other is thinking and they pretty much trumphed anything, both from the First and from the Scoobies, that was thrown at them. 

You can't get more couple-y than that.

I mean it's not THAT common, but hasn't villain/hero ships happened before?

In most of cases it has a LOT of build up.

Spuffy. Worked so well because both of them were two-faced egoistic assholes who were actually VERY similar people(to the point that their own self-hatred could translate into "let's beat each other up~" when they both sort of snapped). Two face egoistic assholes who genuinelly became better people because of each other, that is.  Logan/Veronica was a hero/villain ship, although the definition on which is which changed by every second of the show(since they both took turns on being the jackass asshole who ruins their love's life). But there's a reason on why that show spent a SHITLOAD of time building up various parallels in the characters, as well as developing them as compatible, before they actually threw them together.  Cole/Phoebe was one in Charmed. Sadly interrupted and cut short due to Cole's actor going to a different show(and Charmed going to crappy trainwreck storylines). She's one of three witches fated to vanguish demons, he's one of the most powerful demons to walk the earth. the rest is history. We got at least one and half the season worth of build up and even then it did not full on happen yet(of course it would have. And yet again both characters fit, since they both were an outlet of both groups, having shades of gray(like previous incarnations of Phoebe being the "evil" sister, etc) and so on. HEX was VERY fond of those. First you had Cassie/Azazeal pairing, which was all sort of fucked up and kind-of gray-morality. Then you had the show's next lead, the antiheroic immortal witch Ella be shipped with the damn antichrist himself, Malachi. The first worked because it was very fucked up and tragic and both characters were heavily corruptable. THe second worked because both Ella and Malachi were INCREDIBLY apathic about their roles in the apocalypse, disappointed with the sides they are working for(and had the show continued I am sure they would have just went "well, fuck this" and made a third faction) You already know the idea of Lydia being shipped with Peter in teen wolf. Which I am not okay with but I can understand it in same fucked up way I understood CAssie/Azazeal. Lost Girl had certain vibes going on and LOVES having sexual subtext between the lead and most of major villains(even her own mother). Showcase's other hit series, Continuum, pulled it with lead and one of the villains. Yet again, shitload of build up, a lot of care taken to build up gray-morality setting and the ship works for the same reason Ella/Malachi did(as in both the lead and the villain are getting more and more nihilistic/apathic about the causes they are standing for) One of Fringe's major plotpoints was a love-triangle between a lead, another lead AND one of lead villains(who was a parallel version of one of the said leads).  The Mentalist LOVES pulling this off, especially with the lead male and certain murderous con-woman. Yet again it works gloriously mainly because both of them are sociopathic nihilist assholes and murderers with varying range of moral credibility.

So to sum up, the pairing idea is quite common, but it takes a LOT of skill to pull off correctly and make it work and it requires certain character compatibilities as well as morality setting, which kc mostly lacks.

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

Dude, Spike was totally the one to say "no you don't. but thanks". They were awesome, but they weren't a couple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfhzX9P1tOA

Trust me, I know my Buffy. I remember trying to sneak in episodes in a house filled with about 12 people and only one tv. That scene is not one I'd ever forget. And Buffy was a sweetheart, not an asshole. Come on lol

Posted at

Dude, Spike was totally the one to say "no you don't. but thanks".

Yes.That was a reference to Season FIVE where Buffy was the one who said the "no you don't" to his "I Love You".  AS I said, whole Season Seven was full of callbacks and role-reversals in terms of those two(for example Buffy's "You're a dope and a bonehead and you're shirty!" is an obvious call back to Spike's "and I never really liked you, anyway, and -- and you have stupid hair.").  So yeah. Also the show has made it quite clear that she loves him and he loves her that season, so the whole last season of Buffy was bassically them being an old and tried married couple, facing many hardships that are thrown at them.  

Trust me, I know my Buffy.

Sorry, dearie, wrong person to say that to. You are talking to the resident whedonverse fanatic, with maybe only glenna rivalling me in the cray-cray approach towards Buffyverse. I know my shit and I remember every single episode of both BTVS and ATS as if I saw it yesterday.

And Buffy was a sweetheart, not an asshole. Come on lol

Someone who wanted to appear as that? Sure.  Bassically just like with Spike's "Villain act" for dru, what we see about Buffy in the start of the show is a shell she formed to feel better about the crappy destiny she has and the shit she has to face every day - when you live a life of danger, murder and death, while your normal life is all about getting ostracized, being a disappointment to your parents(which is implied to be a huge part of Buffy's psychological profile as per first season episode, Nightmares) and loosing your friends, its a lot more easier to simplify it into a  comic-book form, with you being a centerpiece hero, who can't obviously do anything wrong. So she plays the stereotypical role of a hero, convincing herself that she is that and that she does NOT make any mistakes. Since she is a hero and does all this "fun" adventuring, its obviously beneficial. Thus obviously her personal problems are just a miniscule thing in the face of greater good she does. Thus obviously she could not be the one at fault for her parents being disappointed at her. She surrounds herself with friends who affirm that position. THrough the seasons we see that fall apart, with every hard decision she has to make. The first strong showcase of that was the season two premiere after her first death. She stops playing nice and is overall VERY conflicted with existing(which fits considering she is sort-of a death-seeker type of character). The friends react in disbelief to that. Then through each season that position is challenged more and more. S3 has introduction of Faith, another Slayer, who is like an inverted Buffy - everything Buffy holds in and pretends she does not have it in her, Faith displays in full force(while hiding her genuine good sides that Buffy has overblown sense of).  S4 is her last illusion of normal life, trying to hold onto it no matter who gets thrown under the bus because of it.  S5 is the shattering of the last parts of her normal life and in S6(with themes from S2 premiere continuing there), due to the whole "Oh its Willow's Fault" excuse, Buffy gets to do whatever she wants, because she thinks its not really her(hence her breakdown near the end of the season, when she realizes that all this shit she put everyone through and all the fucked up stuff she did  was not caused by someone , but was ALWAYS part of her). Then S7 has her in the bitch-in-sheep-clothing mode, as she spirals out into a completely different side of a scale - instead of self-hating bitch-mode depressed buffy of S6, she becomes an egoistic and self-centered bitch-mode dictatorship Buffy. Through all the seasons you see a line of progression of other characters REACTION to the true face of her and some characters handle it well, while some characters want to reject her. It all eventually leads to the events of the last season episode, "Empty Place", where the whole Superhero illusion she has built up has finally fallen down in the eyes of her friends and all that stand is a realistic, flawed, a bit fucked-up woman, whom they doubt. 
Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

dear god lol

Posted at

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Lol @ Fuckles saying she hopes Klaus "loses it" to Hayley. Lmao dis gem 

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

loses, as in, his virginty??? hahaha. ohh my. that's too awesome. FF is active right now?? I'm not missing this shit.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

It's always active but she said it in the TC thread, rofl. She and her friends left the Spoiler thread, they called us all morons 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.