Thursdays 8:00 PM on The CW
The-vampire-diaries
2296 posts
Charishma

@BN: Yeah, so I finally read the essay. Okay, so I was talking about the season 7 scene. You were the one who brought in season 5 lol. But yeah, I never said that Spike didn't love Buffy, or that she didn't care for him in return. Just that they were never in a relationship. Which they weren't. They had sex on the sly and fought together and were friendly (maybe friends?). But they never labelled it as such. And he was pretty much her dirty little secret. He did love her. She just didn't feel the same way. If she had, she never would have run out and let him die. I think so anyway.

And as for her being an asshole. Then no. The last episode of the series wasn't about her acknowledging that she wasn't a hero. It was about finally getting to live her life for herself. It was about awakening in every other teenage girl the slayer fighter spirit that was given to her. Yes she hated the burden of being a slayer, but she also lived up to her role. She was always there when people needed her to be. If she was bitchy and devil-may-care that's because she developed a thick skin, and maybe because she was pissed off at her friends for  dragging her away from heaven (literally), after a lifetime of saving the world. She might have been bitchy. That's just part of being a woman really. Straight up lol. But she wasn't an ass.  She totally was the hero she was made out to be. A hot mess, with a romantic life to match, and family and friends that she constantly fought with, but she wasn't an asshole. If anything her friends were insensitive and not at all understanding of what it took on a daily basis to live the life she lived.

She and Spike definitely had their thing. But I never really saw it as some wonderful love. It was because she was alone, he was there (with that blasted chip in his head), she didn't have to pretend to be 'normal' around him (like with every guy other than Angel), and shit just happened. They were pure fun really. I never really took them that seriously. She grew a lot during the seasons you mentioned, but that also had something to do with the millions of other crazy things that always happened around her. Not Spike necessarily.

And now I'm out lol. Lets just agree to disagree with this one.

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

She and her friends left the Spoiler thread, they called us all morons

aw, no why would they do that? I find myself in the TC thread sometimes, and then I feel bad for getting all smiley from reading the shit they say. I'm tempted though. Even though its near 1am and i have class in the morning lol
Posted at

Lol @ Fuckles saying she hopes Klaus "loses it" to Hayley.And then Klaus finds out that Hayley is his  grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand daughter from the wolf side of the family.

Posted at
Cooling
^ basically. lmfao.
Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma
my god. I went on the TC thread. Did they just spend 10 pages congratulating each other on the opening of a new thread???? LOL. no, i need to stop. really. okay bye
Posted at
Cooling

She and her friends left the Spoiler thread, they called us all morons

What friends? she was the only one. I'm confused.

Posted at
Cooling

Did they just spend 10 pages congratulating each other on the opening of a new thread

Iwent there months ago, all their threads were hi guys/smile/see you/good morning/good night.

Posted at

Yeah, so I finally read the essay. Okay, so I was talking about the season 7 scene. You were the one who brought in season 5 lol. But yeah, I never said that Spike didn't love Buffy, or that she didn't care for him in return

And I said that the meaning behind those words Spike said is bassically the opposite.  Just that they were never in a relationship. Which they weren't. They had sex on the sly and fought together and were friendly (maybe friends?). But they never labelled it as such. And he was pretty much her dirty little secret. He did love her. She just didn't feel the same way.

Yes she did. She said so himself to him.

If she had, she never would have run out and let him die. I think so anyway.

She would, because that's what he wanted her to do, just like he said to her in that song in the musical episode. Buffy living on honors that sacrifice he made of forfeitting his (un)life for hers(even though Spike never really died).

And as for her being an asshole. Then no.

Sorry, dearie, gotta have more arguments than "then no".

The last episode of the series wasn't about her acknowledging that she wasn't a hero. It was about finally getting to live her life for herself.It was about awakening in every other teenage girl the slayer fighter spirit that was given to her. 

Which happened at the cost of her damning herself to spend the rest of her life training the said slayers. And while the egoist-Buffy will find the idea of having followers thrilling, the fact that she will NEVER be anything normal now and will ALWAYS be legendary figure to thousands of people will sink in eventually. And she might never fully fix the relationship with her friends too because who knows.

Joss never does a pure happy ending. And BTVS ending, just like Buffy's character, is very dualist in nature - while bathed in light, it has just enough dark motifs in it to completely subvert the final scene.

Its a litteral "into the unknown" kind of ending with both dark and light motifs. Just like Buffy herself.

Yes she hated the burden of being a slayer, but she also lived up to her role.

And then she decided that its better to kill herself than to keep living as a slayer(S5 ending). Thus she chose "the buffy that was" (Dawn) over "The buffy that is"(herself)", essentially choosing to escape from living than face all thsoe burdens that she no longer could sugar-coat(hence fulfilling her character role of a death-seeker and justifying her depression and behavior in S6 - she never wanted to be back, she never wanted to be alive again, and Willow ruined everything, in her mind, for her)

She was always there when people needed her to be.

Which, just like in Veronica MArs, with Veronica, is more about her HERSELF feeling better - because every person she would save, every person she would help means reaffirming that she IS indeed that comic-book superhero, that she is NOT guilty for all the things her psyche and conscience blames her for(her father leaving them, etc). 

She was always there when people needed her to be. If she was bitchy and devil-may-care that's because she developed a thick skin, and maybe because she was pissed off at her friends for dragging her away from heaven (literally), after a lifetime of saving the world. 

Sorry, dearie, you just described Faith. Buffy's the OTHER way around. And at the same time they are one and the same pendulum, just swinging into the different side. Hence why Faith's breakdown in ATS "Sanctuary" parallels Buffy's "tell me I am wrong" thing - as Faith realizes she is not just some villain, Buffy realizes she is not just some holy flawless hero.

If anything her friends were insensitive and not at all understanding of what it took on a daily basis to live the life she lived.

You mean her friends whose lives she irrepairably changed?

One went evil mostly because she took Buffy as her rolemodel(hence why WIllow's story of egoism and narcisism, parallels Buffy - except that while both are governed by their own hubris, Buffy has a very good understanding of morality needed for the whole "superhero role", whereas Willow genuinely does NOT grasp the concept of what is morally wrong or morally right,) Xander lost an Eye and two girlfriends. Cordelia was pretty much damned into the path she had to walk afterward. Every single of her friends is bound to have years of years of cptsd 

Oh they knew very well what life she lived. They have been living it with her. Just that through time, with every single event, they saw more and more of that hypocrisy, that duality, that defines who Buffy Summers is.

It was because she was alone, he was there (with that blasted chip in his head), she didn't have to pretend to be 'normal' around him (like with every guy other than Angel), and shit just happened.

They were two VERY similar people, both walking a very thin line between natural and supernatural, unable to fit in to either side, finding themselves having to play a role of someone they are not to fit in.  They were identical in personality, character and overall quirks.  

Only Spike truly understood who Buffy was. Only Buffy truly saw Spike for who he was. 

if Buffy/Angel was a teenage "fairytale" sugary fake love she built up on her dreams and childhood fantasies, the Buffy/Spike was a mature relationship that came from her coming into adulthood - no cheesy "eternal love" fake crap - just reality of human emotions and fitting psychological profiles, as well as chemistry. 

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
What friends? she was the only one. I'm confused.   Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)   I just wanted to check new spoilers since i heard trevino was coming back. but the morons in the spoiler thread just made me realize that tvd has the worst fandom ever and i should just leave it in the review mirror already. i kinda reached my limit with this fandom.     Originally Posted by Freckles87(View Post)   Fi, did you report them? Do you want me to help you? Seriously, bashing an actor is NOT okay. What they imply is sick. Seriously, what did Michael do to them? I tried to say something but they totally ignored me. they're always the same bunch of people. Definitely it's just their stupid gang, I mean I don't like Joseph Morgan and I have no problem at saying it so, yet I never insulted his job. Now even saying Michael is desperate enough to come back for one scene, which won't even one scene at all, but even if it was, who are you to say such things? And Candice knows better than all of them, abusers supporters.
Posted at

Someone is hanging on Michael Trevino's Class B Knickers too much

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad