Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries

The extremist worshiping is on par with Damon fans calling Ian actor of the decade Sorry dearie, OUAT is pretty much second best show after BTVS for me, with third being Lost Girl. Haven't ascasdfasfasdasfasdasdfasdfasdfas'd about a show so much in a long long time and considering the consistent quality of writing, i am not going to stop anytime soon

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
The mods are all Klaus stans. You can tell by the way they give out threats like candy but in the end never do shit. I'm joking lmao but I give them 5's for making Freckles shut up. I actually found the temp bans funny, I miss the girls though
Posted at

Hell even now I am LITTERALLY counting hours with multiple alarm clocks marking the start of the episode. 

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

You're scary 

Posted at

Oh please, what's so strange about counting minutes till you see those two badass assholes?

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

@BN: okay just one more go. sorry to anyone who finds this topic annoying lol. Mostly C judges herself (ex: witch killings. She showed more guilt that Elena did when she killed thousands of vampires). With everyone else in her life, she doesn't hold the things they've done against them. Elena's Kol massacare? No. Stefan's ripperness? No. Tyler's wolf, here let me leave while my friends torture you? No.

There's a different between making a judgement, and being judgmental. Either (a) she's a regular person who makes judgments about people, or (b) she's a 1 dimensional little miss judgey who lives her life based on first impressions.

For me its the former. Because nothing I've seen so far has convinced me she sticks to first impressions (more than any other person). And yes, she's an organized control-freak busybody. But personality traits don't come parcelled together all neat and tidy. Just because she has the above traits doesn't meant that she has to be judgmental.

And that is an argument that goes together with victim-blaming.

"oh caroline is totaly unjustified in her hate because she secretly likes it". Sorry, that's misogyny. Christ. Its like there are certain words written, but the ones that float into your head are completely different lol

But since when does someone's wanting to hate another necessarily equate with victim-blaming?? I'm saying she wants to dislike him, I'm not saying she's wrong in it.

Caroline despising everything people like Damon and Klaus stand for is 100% in character for who she is.

Yes, despising Damon is in character. But its not the result of a snap judgment. Her initial judgment of him was that he was a cool bad boy. Her current judgment of D is one she made over time. And she used to hate Klaus for the things he's done to her friends, but  that judgment is changing. Like with other people in her life. I'm not disagreeing with the last line in bold. Whats eyebrow raising is where you got the idea that she isn't allowed to dislike people.  All I'm saying that making judgment calls on people (at first impression and then over time again) is different from being a judgmental personality. And the latter she is not. At least not since season 1.

no more essays. i promise :D

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it     CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it
Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

fuck that was long lol

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

We need to just not talk about Caroline or Klaus to KITTY

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

lol for my own sanity

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it     CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it
Posted at
We need to just not talk about Caroline or Klaus to KITTY

but you got angry few minutes ago at me for NOT talking about KC or Klaus :((

With everyone else in her life, she doesn't hold the things they've done against them.

Bad writing. Caroline always wanted people accountable. She faced Damon. She faced Katherine. She faced herself and her fears. She was the catalyst of Tyler becoming better person. She left Matt because of his actions. 

Elena's Kol massacare? No.

Bad writing, no one punishes that bitch for ANYTHING SHE DID EVERRR, because oh she is so perrrrrfeect and caring and flawless and goooooood. 

Stefan's ripperness? No.

Bad writing, although understandable since if she antagonizes damon due to abuse, she is more prone to defend the one who saved her.  

Tyler's wolf, here let me leave while my friends torture you? No.

Oh she was pissed about this. And its the reason for Tyler's slow change of personality in S2. 

There's a different between making a judgement, and being judgmental. Either (a) she's a regular person who makes judgments about people, or (b) she's a 1 dimensional little miss judgey who lives her life based on first impressions.

But she is NEITHER. 

She is a person whois good at understanding people and has strong mroal values to call out eveyrone on their bullshit. 

She doe snot judge by impressions. She judges by ACTIONS. Nothing Klaus or Damon did should make her like them so far. 

But since when does someone's wanting to hate another necessarily equate with victim-blaming?? I'm saying she wants to dislike him, I'm not saying she's wrong in it.

The poster says that.

She hates him.

She has a good reason to hate him, because of who he is. 

Its not about wanting. Caroline is rational person. Most rational person in the cast. 

Yes, despising Damon is in character. But its not the result of a snap judgment. Her current judgment of D is one she made over time. 

Which is what I said. 

And she used to hate Klaus for the things he's done to her friends, but that judgment is changing.

IT SHOULD NOT. Klaus did not do ANYTHING to change towards it. 

Damon is the mettle so far since the show has no sense of morality. And damon, while a rapist and abusive bastard is still a better person. 

there's no reason for her TO LIKE HIM. And she is justified in wanting him die. 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad