Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries

different morality setting.

OUAT actually HAS morality setting. 

And while nobody is beyond redemption, not everyone can BE redeemed. 

Posted at

Also to add to my point about Snow to Red - note the song she is listening to in the forest-shooting scene? Note the band-name. Note the lyrics. And note the history and ideals of punk rock genre. 

Posted at
2548 posts
Redoktober

Rumple killed Zoso with the goal of saving all the children in the frontlines and ending Ogre Wars.

Regina's goals were to be free and to save herself and her father from their mother. 

In contrast though, Snow's intent was far more malevolent.

I'm not looking at the charcters and their lives back in the enchanted foest for this discussion of redemption because those are all flashbacks of how things WERE not how they are NOW. Only Storybrooke time matters right now. 

Posted at
2425 posts

Did you guys expect KC to really happen???

Yeah I didn't think so but JP and writers kept hinting and hinting and giving false hopes. Even now she's not clear on what is exactly going to go down and still trolling KCers. Just stop already.
Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Did you guys expect KC to really happen??? Seriously guys    

Do not put me into this, I lack high expectations for anything in that show. I also have amusement in watching KCers cry about the spinoff, the same way I watch TCers mourn for Tyler in the Lockwood cave on FF. (brb)

Posted at

But that is taking the START of character progression and comparing to another character's middle and that does nto work.

If we look at the roots, we look at the roots. Both Regina and Rumple started with good intentions too. 

After all, dearie, evil is not born, its made. 

Posted at
2548 posts
Redoktober

Her insincere apology to Marco

Bitch was as sincere as it gets she was absolutely shocked with herself. She couldn't believe she did it. She may not have been on her knees begging for fogiveness but i felt she meant every word 

Posted at
2548 posts
Redoktober
She is dressing in black, gray and now dark-purple. her MO is a hybrid of rumple's and regina's.  Her current themesong is a mixture of Evil Queen theme and Snow White theme in The Miller's daughter the first scene we see her, she is holding an apple. not counting the symbolism of what an apple represents, Snow overall used to hate apples. What's more behind her is a globe. So you have Snow in a scene with symbolic representations of BOTH Rumple and Regina.  Snow's reactions to the whole August storyline and the self-centeredness she displayed there. Her insincere apology to Marco And yeah. her conflict with charming seems to be a very BIG focus. I doubt its for this season, but for next for sure(note how she refuses to be called by her ftl name and intentionally corrects those who would?).  "Heart of Darkness" episode.

Will she be redeemed? sure. I am sure of it. So will Regina and Rumple, eventually. But everything we see is saying that it won't happen any time soon.  

Speculation speculation. We cannot jugde the character on what we THINK will become of her which is what you're doing. All the current evidence points to is that Snow is heading down. How deep and her transition from good to maybe "evil" is still up in the air. 

Posted at

Rumple's problem is that his ego sometimes overtakes his need for redemption. Regina's problem is seeing herself as a victim and wanting to find a reward in redemption, in a way asking for an additional worth instead of the worth being redemption itself. Snow's problem is seeing herself as someone who is incapable of "wrong", as well as, just like Regina, searching for an additional worth in morality. 

Bitch was as sincere as it gets she was absolutely shocked with herself. She couldn't believe she did it. She may not have been on her knees begging for fogiveness but i felt she meant every wordI did not.

"I am very sorry because I totally do not do stuff like this and...OH LOOK A HOUSE"

The way I saww it, Ginny intentionally played it as a chore, as Snow was far more focused on her own problems than actually feeling sorry for doing that.

She did nto feel "sorry" for hurting Geppeto. SHe feelt distraught over being ABLE TO. So the apology was just another try to reaffirm herself(same as when she encouraged August)

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Yeah I didn't think so but JP and writers kept hinting and hinting and giving false hopes    

I don't usually defend Plec and Patri said this already but I'll say it again. She's usually vague or blunt in her questions and always dodges them if she has a bad answer. If she had bad news for KC then she would have been coy about it I guess? Despite what KC fandom arrogantly thinks, their bitching will not affect that spinoff or the TVD ratings, so Plec can be as honest or vague as she wants to about them but instead she says they're not over, so that's why I took it as honest. It doesn't mean I'm saying "bless u Plec" but I'm pretty sure they'll revisit the two between both shows. I love Klaus period so him being away from one character I like him with for awhile isn't a big deal for me 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.