Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries
1565 posts
Amie

Everything about them was better in season 2 imo, including their chemistry. If Plec wanted to pursue SC she should have done it in season 3 (while building up DE at the same time), now it's too late and it feels awkward. Just my opinion though.

But I am not talking about them in a romantic sense, I only like them as friends to be honest and if there were ever a possibility of a romance that was way back when in s2. S3 completely abandoned their friendship and sl and s4 kind of revived it again..

I mean this was priceless....and its because these two have just the right chemistry for me to believe that these two characters are friends.

Every scene with Caroline in S2 was top notch and he really sells pain he feels due to transformations.

Caroline might not have the range those above have, but what C.Accola did with Caroline in S2 and S1, she did real good, with a lot of nuance of how her personality have changed, down to how she talks. No other actor in this show managed to display that kind of growth.

Yes, all of that happened in s2 and it was great..but we are on s5 already and there was s3 and s4 in between and these two have not shown anything else new. Part of that can be blamed on the script but no matter how shitty the script can be its your job as an actor to still deliver, which both these two didn't ever since then. S3 was still ok tho, but s4 was the worst..especially the goodbye porch scene where Candice cried like an ugly baby and it felt so over the top and Trevino looked like he could not care less. But at least Candice delivered as Silas, I give her credit for that thoo.

Posted at

Yes, all of that happened in s2 and it was great..but we are on s5 already and there was s3 and s4 in between and these two have not shown anything else new. Part of that can be blamed on the script but no matter how shitty the script can be its your job as an actor to still deliver, which both these two didn't ever since then.

THere are limits on what you can do as an actor when the script part about you is "____ gets kidnapped. end"

Posted at

Once again, what part did you not understand? I believe my point was not everything that happens between a couple has to be intellectualized and justified from every angle before people like it. You can like it for chemistry. And when you do, bloody admit it. Instead of creating weird justifications like "oo she's crazy, so she and he 2getha 4evaaaa!" Chemistry is nothing more than  a buzz word.

For a ship to be good it has to have a good narrative. Every time someone creates a ship the first question they should ask is WHY those two people would  be together at all. And then SHOW it. 

Anyways, where did this debate over sameness and similarity start? What I said was I have a problem with how everything that makes a character an individual is swept away (in the eyes of some) in order to justify her being with a guy. I.e.: Veronica is a suspicious controlling gf, therefore perfect for Logan. If you like a couple, like them, but don't go around puting other pairings down with random comparisons to other couples that are so alike in their horribleness. My whole point is I don't like that justification. I don't understand how its supposed to make me go 'ahaa, now I get it'.And yet again you sprout nonsense.

Veronica is suspicious controlling and obsessive but Logan is no better. 

Cordelia is a moral compass, a strong willed figure, a truth seeker and someone who knows what is right. So is Angel. 

That's what connects them first and foremost - similar psychological profiles, with enough of opposites in each other to attract each other and enough of similarities to relate to each other. 

Dobrev was decent this season, actually, good. As average as she might be in TVD she doesn't deserve to be called Kristen Stewart, nobody does.I am sorry, but her "bawwwwwwww someone spilled coffee on my shirt" reaction to being a vampire just proves my point. 

Posted at

Also HOLY FUCK, two days till Teen Wolf S3? fuck yes. FINALY. Cautiously optimistic (considering the fanpandering and the controversies that surround this season)

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

Get your story straight BN. I'm either knocking chemistry or i'm all about it. You can't have it both ways. I said, and please actually read this, I don't get justifications for shipping based on 'oh they're so wonderfully horrible together, niiice'.  My problem is the focus on on how she is suited to him, because she's horrible like him. 

I don't understand half of what you're saying, because I never said anything to the contrary about most of it. I was disagreeing with your justifiation (see my last 3 posts) because I find it regressive. Which you've probably gleened by now, but are just ignoring because you just want to write long essays that no one will read, and prove to yourself that you're a great conveyer of television and literature when really you fap just as much as the next person.

Claim to be such a feminist and yet the only female characters you like have eyeliner up the ass and hair stacked to the ceiling. Or ones that are "bitches". Or have some semi-lesbian dynamic going. Because you know, atleast one or all need to be present to make a female character interesting.

Posted at
Rym
60 posts
Selina-kyle

@Charishma

Posted at

I don't get justifications for shipping based on 'oh they're so wonderfully horrible together, niiice'. My problem is the focus on on how she is suited to him, because she's horrible like him. And maybe youy should learn to read because that is NOT what I said. They fit each other because of fitting psychological profiles, parallels and reasons on why they would LIKE each other.  Stop putting words into my mouth that I did not say. 

I don't understand half of what you're saying, because I never said anything to the contrary about most of it. I was disagreeing with your justifiation (see my last 3 posts) because I find it regressive. Which you've probably gleened by now, but are just ignoring because you just want to write long essays that no one will read, and prove to yourself that you're a great conveyer of television and literature when really you fap just as much as the next person.Then please stop sprouting bullshit about what I did not say, because that is NOT what my justification is. yet again learn to read. 

Its not about how horrible they are.

Claim to be such a feminist and yet the only female characters you like have eyeliner up the ass and hair stacked to the ceiling. Or ones that are "bitches". Or have some semi-lesbian dynamic going. Because you know, atleast one or all need to be present to make a female character interesting.Oh gods fordbid the characters have flaws!

I like my characters flawed. Male OR female, does not matter. Flawed and realistic. Competent, strong, complex, flawed, preferably gray morality type of characters.

Clothes does not matter as long as it fits the character and the role the character has, but yeah I do prefer characters, male or female, who have a sense of style . Yet again nothing to do with genders.

The lesbianism only applies to one ship I prefer but then again I ship the said fav character with at least 3 other characters of various genders. She could be asexual for all I care and that would not change on why I like her. I do not need to focus on romance bullshit to have a favorite character, unlike SOME of people. 

Yet again stop putting shit I did not say into my mouth and get actual arguments or gtfo. 

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

geez thanks. Someone getting a little worked up over a debate? If you can't handle it, then here's an idea, you might want to get out of a KC thread. Which it is btw. But then again, you'd have less opportunity to pms all over people who you feel are less intelligent than you. So that's a bummer.

THIS. Seriously shut the fuck up BN, no one gives a crap. It's amazing you still stick around enough to tolerate 96% of us shipping sweet cheerleaders with psychopaths, or at least pretend to since your snarky bitter comments are so transparent. Klaus kissed Caroline on the cheek and she liked it, oooooooh I hope her ex don't mind it

I'm not sure about DG. I haven't seen much of him. He's definitly a good kisser though. Lucky Nina.

Lol so is JM, he's actually better, I was watching some vid with Tri and Glenna of all his kiss/sex scenes from years ago lmao. Hooot

Posted at

THIS. Seriously shut the fuck up BN, no one gives a crap. Oh I am sorry but when someone decides to attack my ideals out of blue with BULLSHIT there's no way i'd shut up. 

Posted at

t's amazing you still stick around enough to tolerate 96% of us shipping sweet cheerleaders with psychopaths, or at least pretend to since your snarky bitter comments are so transparent. Klaus kissed Caroline on the cheek and she liked it, oooooooh I hope her ex don't mind it

I could  not care less about that ship.

Also wrong psychopath, ya dolt, I was talking about silas/caroline crackshipping going on. Klaussie is a mysogynist but he is not disturbing enough to deserve being called a psychopath, evne though he clearly is a sociopath. 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Want more The Vampire Diaries?

Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad