Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries
2425 posts

lol who's comparing Hayley to Kol? What an insult to Kol. Hayley is one of the most hated characters on the show and Kol is basically the third favorite character. And oh, it's so hypocritical how Klaroline fans are told to stop hating on other female characters who are a threat to their ship but when Caroline gets a new love interest, TC/Bonnie stans start ranting.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Well the Bonnie fans who complained did it because Caroline can never stay single, which is true. But comparing Hayley to Kol as if there is some kind of hypocrisy with fans was ridiculous. There's nothing sexist on the fact that he was popular while she was not.  

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

They'll probably fine another abtastic guy like Trevino. Not that I find anything wrong with that lol. But yeah, if the amount of attention used to finding a guy that "fits the look" were given to actually getting us invested in his character, it'd be golden. Even if they handled this new guy and Caroline like they did in the beginning of TC it'd be fine.  KC too, worked so well because it literally took forever to get to that final "i'll wait for you" scene. Good stuff takes time. No secret that Caroline is my favourite. I was kind of hoping that her LI would be a hot prof though. They could've continued her whole nerdy thing, but yeah, most likely they'll go for another jock. yawn.

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

ugh I hate girlies who complain about the female characters not being able to be single. This is TVD. You honestly think time will be given to their personal journeys? Sit back and enjoy the numerous triangles.

Posted at
2425 posts

There's nothing sexist on the fact that he was popular while she was not.  Well I think the audience was easier on Kol because he was a hot guy and it's easy to hate a beautiful girl with a bitchy personality. Katherine worked because she was the foil to boring Elena. 

Well the Bonnie fans who complained did it because Caroline can never stay singleThe fans that complain that Caroline can't be single seems to be okay with Caroline/Tyler, Caroline/Stefan. So if it's not the pairing they want they want her to be single lol.

Posted at
2425 posts

They'll probably fine another abtastic guy like TrevinoI'll throw up if Jesse is  Tyler clone. Yuck. I want him to be smart and badass. But I read in other spoilers that he's human. I just hate that he is Matt 2.0. We already have one boring human. Why do we need another? I wanted her to be with a hot professor too. Stupid writers. 

The Forwood tag is hilarious. It's all "Wah Tyler deserves so much better. Why can't forwood be happy?" And the kc tag is all "Get some D Caroline. :D" 

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Well I think the audience was easier on Kol because he was a hot guy and it's easy to hate a beautiful girl with a bitchy personality. Katherine worked because she was the foil to boring Elena.    She's played the same character before and it was popular on TSC. Although Hayley and Faye don't parallel, they were still pointlessly bitchy. Bitchy girls are always popular, but something went wrong with Hayley. Kol was popular simply for being an original, and he spiced up the hunt for the cure. 
Posted at
2548 posts
Redoktober

but something went wrong with Hayley

When you're right you're right. LOVED her in TSC, hated her almost on sight on TVD. 

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

To be fair Kol didn't cause instant frenzy when he showed up. His popularity skyrocketed somewhere between his bat-battle with Damon and his s4 return when he was the only person acting reasonable about Silas. Kol spoke for a big part of the audience in those last few episodes and the fact that he died at the time made him even more popular imo (dying at your prime can make you a legend, isn't that what they say about rockstars?). There are good reasons why he's popular (although he's a bit overrated I think).

if the amount of attention used to finding a guy that "fits the look" were given to actually getting us invested in his character, it'd be golden.

They'll probably expect us to get invested just by looking at his naked body lol, classic TVD technique.

Ironically though, none of the guys who fit the 'jock' category in the show were ever really popular (Tyler, Matt, season 4 Jeremy). Perhaps if they casted someone who can actually act, that would help? But then again, it's the CW.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Yeah Kol had good reasons, they didn't even try with Hayley, so using the "shes a girl" card on why she was hated is ridic. 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Want more The Vampire Diaries?

Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad