Thursdays 8:00 PM on The CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries

Did anyone notice the huge racial diversity in Captain America? It just make no sense at all. At one point, there is a scene where America walks with a unit of soldiers. In that single group, we see a black guy, asian guy, irish guy, british guy and i think i french guy as well, but i', not sure of the last one. I mean WTF? They putted a black guy there?

Which is historically accurate.

US had their own "foreign legions" and there were even japanese soldiers erving in us side of war.  

Sure, there were black guys in world war 2(should it be with captials?), but the black people were in their own regiments, meaning not interacting with white dudes.

Not for entirety of war, no.  

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

lul, Loki was awesome. Can't wait to see Thanos but, it's funny how Avengers villains all have to be from outer space. Makes sense though

Posted at

lul, Loki was awesome. Can't wait to see Thanos but, it's funny how Avengers villains all have to be from outer space. Makes sense though

Not all.

Avengers themselves tend to create stuff that blows up in their faces too.

Ant-Man, because he was bored, created a genocidal A.I who took an instant hatred towards his creator,  tortured ant-man and almost took over the earth, leading Ant-man into alcoholism, misogyny and beating his own wife(he got better but fandom still despises him for that).  

Tony Stark was a "villain" of the civil war(he got better, but fandom still despises him for that sometimes).  

Osborn is Human. And his current status is all Stark's fault.   

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Tony Stark was a "villain" of the civil war(he got better, but fandom still despises him for that sometimes).  

THE FANDOM HATES COMIC!STARK. kjhlfhjklfjhlfk so okay maybe they'll really put that plot in IMIII. How can anyone hate RDJ!Stark, how is this possible
Posted at

THE FANDOM HATES COMIC!STARK. kjhlfhjklfjhlfk so okay maybe they'll really put that plot in IMIII. How can anyone hate RDJ!Stark, how is this possible

not in IM III.

in Avengers III or in separate movie trilogy right after. The basic premise is already set up with Tony anouncing his identity as Iron man in IM I. 

Its pretty much Stark's fault because stark had this "awesome" idea that every superhero should abandon anonimity and register with the government.

Cap disagreed with that, thinking that its far too authoritarian and that everyone should have a choice of anonimity. 

Stark did some shitty things.

pretty much every marvel character chose a side to stand either behind stark or captain america, sparking what is essentially a civil war of superheroes.

both sides ended up loosing a lot of stuff  and the whole storyline was angsty as hell as you had two rivals-turned-friends, cap and tony, go against each other again and again for their own beliefs, while angsting over their decisions.

Essentially for stark's agenda and ego of enforcing what he thought was right, both sides pretty much lost, as everything was plunged in chaos of former friends and comrades going against and killing each other nad bad stuff happening(since both sides had their crazy people and extremists).

Stark essentially lost Happy(who died trying to protect some info stark had or something, don't remember) and its during Civil War(if I remember corrctly)  that Pepper got badly burnt in a terror act targeted against Tony, leading to her cybernetic enhancements and stuff. 

Cap lost a whle lot of people too and essentially, not wanting to see any bloodshed, allowed himself to be arrested by stark's forces, hoping for peaceful solution and to spread his ideas of choice and freedom without brutality. Sadly he never got a chance since Cap essentially got Kennedy treatment, getting assassinated on a way to the court.

cue more angst.

Now while fandom was quite even on both sides, Cap's death ignited a lot of rage towards Tony and the writers ARE STILL trying to redeem his character.

That is Tony:

got beaten to almost-death by pissed off Thor(who missed all that stuff, was angry at the shit tony pullled and pretty much left Earth on its own, warning Stark that if Iron Man ever decides to enter Asgard, he is a dead man.), got Pepper in to sitation she is now(not to mention that she found out about his fling with widow and his fling with hill),  lost Cap(also known as the closest thing he had to a  friend and a rival,) lost his company(his shares plummeted and H.A.M.M.E.R pretty much bought the entire corporation) was even forced to perfom lobotomy on himself, so Normal Osborn, now the elected president(thanks to all the chaos and authoritarian tendencies stark himself introduced into the society), does not get access to Tony's superhero database. 

Currently he is a bit more liked already and still Even now a whole lot less snarky Tony and a whole lot more snarky and cynnical Pepper are trying to start business from scratch.  

Now given the fact that RDJ-Tony is already a lot more wry, while comics-Tony was a bit more calmer, th ebackslash from that storyline on RDJ-TOny might be even bigger, lol.  

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
no oh my gosh shut up. kljgklfjhlk. shut. UPPPPPPPPPPPP. That is the most EFFING DEPRESSING STORY LINE I EVER SAW (not really) I remember years ago when I was online, my homepage on yahoo had a news heading that Captain America died. (it was weird since he's like, a fictional character, but the headline made it seem like urgent news) I watched the video with the writers explaining it and all I remembered was something about it taking place in 9/11? So wait wtf. I know these comics have incarnations though. Maybe it was a different Cap, like idk, the ultimate Cap, the amazing Cap, the incredible cap lul. My point is that I don't recall them saying anything about a Civil War so maybe I read into a different version.

So this is the current IM series that you're reading? And I thought you said Pepper died, I guess I read you wrong. Unless you were referring to the burning.(Anakin Skywalker much) but anyway NOOOO. NO. SHUT UPPPPPPPP. I mean the main reason IM is my favorite Marvel hero to begin with is the fact that he's a dick and not your moral typical hero, BUT NOT THAT FAR. THAT'S TOO FAR. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FARRRRRRRRR. ew ew ew ew fuck HAMMER noooo fuck it this can't happen in IMIII. GROSS NO.

But yeah if they really go in that direction with the comics (shut UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP) then I wouldn't see Paltrow sticking out very long. Oh, and on tumblr I read a tag or two that IMIII will have a new love interest? Even though it's confirmed Pepper is gonna be in it too. I dunno man
Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Oh and one more thing I fucking hate. That kids version of IM on nicktoons, can it just fucking die. I hate it when they tween the shit up for the kids, this crap does not exist as canon in my mind.

fuck this gay shit. MY EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted at

That is the most EFFING DEPRESSING STORY LINE I EVER SAW 

Not most depressing.

Effective as hell though since for first time you had no real "badguys" o r"good guys" just two ideologies.

I mean the main reason IM is my favorite Marvel hero to begin with is the fact that he's a dick and not your moral typical her 

As he said himself in one issue "i feel i am so misunderstood. I am not a hero. Heroes do not kill people. Heroes are not alright with sacrificing others. No. I am no hero. just pragmatist"

So this is the current IM series that you're reading? And I thought you said Pepper died, I guess I read you wrong.  

nope just got turned into a bit of a cyborg and got a bit more hardened personality to balance out more somber Tony.

Unless you were referring to the burning.(Anakin Skywalker much) but anyway NOOOO. 

Uhhh that was painful. he comics were litterally detailed in her agony and spent issue or even two on that, involkving the operation to put chest piece in.

ew ew ew ew fuck HAMMER noooo fuck it this can't happen in IMIII. GROSS NO.HAMMER corporation are the main villains now, trying to fuck up Tony's new business startup.

Someone in tony's closest group is a spy for Hammer. Some people think it might be Pepper, since that would not be the first time. 

Posted at

that best describes tony stark.  except that current one is conscious of just hat a dick he is and how much shit he screwed up(despine not having certain memories of even worse shit, that were erased due to his lobotomy to get rid of the last copy of superhero list stored in his brain).

I still LOL though how when she first wakes up and how awkward it all goes as after she wakes up from operation she constantly asks him to take it out, saying she won't be anyone's weapon

Still the operation and eveyrthing was painful to watch.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Is Whedon only going to touch the Avengers? The characters' sequels haven't announced the directors yet huh

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad