Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
3965 posts
Halde

It's funny, i have just started reading S8 and i found it weird. Dawn has become a giant(i just read where she was bathing with Xander). It's like the ultimate irony. She wanted to be noticed by everyone, then some magic happens, that turn her big, and now she is more alone than ever :D

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

Oh know it was pointed out that it "might" have been on purpose. . .

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

I have read the same, immesnly contradicting, phrase a couple of times now, "There is no truth". It doesn't make no sense!

Posted at

fuckthisshitoperafucksupmytl;drforthethirdtimealreadyagarwadasfa

anyway, yes supernatural world is quite aware of her existence, what's with her having led her own personal army and saving the world a few times.

But what does it change? Does saving the world a few times make her a better employee/worker/mercenary? A better friend? A better person? No. It just means that she saved the world a lot. It does not suddenly make her intoa  queen of everything and it does not excuse her mistakes and fuck ups too. That's what ticks her off, she honestly believes she deserves a different "royal" treatment for everything she is(ego problems, yet again, everyone in the cast seems to have them).

It's funny, i have just started reading S8 and i found it weird. Dawn has become a giant(i just read where she was bathing with Xander). It's like the ultimate irony. She wanted to be noticed by everyone, then some magic happens, that turn her big, and now she is more alone than ever :D

Its even more ironic considering the circumstances of HOW it happened and WHY.

Then again, whole S8 is pretty much full of irony for every character. Its the ultimate "be careful what you wished for" season. and while shit goes way too weird from time to time even for me, overall I'd say S8 is one of the darkest and most "sarcastic" seasons. an embodiment of nihilism in franchise. 

Posted at

I have read the same, immesnly contradicting, phrase a couple of times now, "There is no truth". It doesn't make no sense!

that makes perfect sense.

truth is in the eye of beholder.

Ancient philosophers had defined a few supposedly "only truths" and even those have been challenged by science and reason and put into question.  

what seems truth might be a lie to someone else. its all about point of view.

One can believe in an idea, while that idea might be just a clever spin for someone else trying to use the others. One might believe in an ideal that is completely worthless to someone else. One might believe in free will, while being used as a pawn. One might believe he/she is doing it all for the sake of the good, while it brings disasters pain and death. heroism and Sacrifice for one might seem like just a simple chess move to other. 

Its all up to the person from whose point of view one views it all. 

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

Saying "There is no truth" is a huge contradiction. By saying that, one accept the truth that no truths exist, which is a truth in itself.

Posted at

But that truth is only truth to you, to someone else who disagress with that statement that statement is a lie, so saying "there is no truth" just like everything else is both the truth and just a big  lie at the same time. 

Posted at
3965 posts
Halde

I was wondering, when does Spike and Angel get into the story? And, does Buffy know about Spike? One would assume she knows that Spike is alive, due to the massive amount of resource she have, but i find it weird he hasen't been mentioned yet(I am at the point just after Dracula helped killing all the vamps and destroying the de-slayer device).

Posted at

I was wondering, when does Spike and Angel get into the story? 

Majority of S5 ATS cast perished int he finale when Wolfram and Hart brought Los Angeles into hell.

Spike has his own demon spaceship  he won control of in there and he will appear. Angel will take a longer time to appear. 

And, does Buffy know about Spike? One would assume she knows that Spike is alive

Buffy knows everything but she finds its better to keep the distance between either of them just like she did in S5 of btvs. Angel did work for W&H and having vampires up for tea in slayer organisation would be...bad.

As implied in "Chain" issue (the one with buffy decoy), buffy used one of the decoys to divert Spike and Angel's attention from herself during S5 of ATS. 

After Los Angeles went into hell she lost contact or sight of them all, but knows that Spike got out of that place. 

Posted at

meant to say "jsut like she did in S5 of ATS"

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.