This was another amazing episode, but honestly I don't like how Regina, Cora and Hook are treated as the purest of evil and Gold is somehow the freakin Messiah in comparison.
really can't see this.
- Regina CLEARLY showed doubt over her loyalties this season and was horrified at the idea of what Cora did to Eva. She was willing to let Johanna go and I think that its not "being evil" that holds her with Cora, but Regina wanting to be loved by her mother. She is clearly doubting her role by the end of the episode and I am sure she will make a face-heel turn next episode, joining the charmings against Cora.
- Next episode is ALL ABOUT why Cora is the way she is. And she has a damn good reason to be the way she is. People change. And Eva was not always an epitome of goodness ;]
- Gold just raged at a fucking child - I doubt anyone in the show or writer's room sees him as messiah. He simply is lesser of the evils right now - since Gold HAS someone he loevs, while all Cora wants is power.
At this point I feel like I want Cora to be the Dark One, just to expel some sort of revenge on Gold, since nobody else feels like karma should kick his assexcept that:
- If anyone will become a dark one, it will most likely be snow white.
- Writers confirmed that Gold is not getting his happy ending any time soon.
- So far Gold got nothing but karma fucking up his life this season, with a lot of things from his past coming back at him. His son hates him, his love of his life does not remember him, etc.
He is more like S1 Damon - someone who sort-of wants to do the right thing, but still struggles with the way he has lived for past few hundreds of years.Posted 3/5/2013 10:40:13 AM #
Also on karma front - Gold possibly getting de-powered, seems like karma to me too.Posted 3/5/2013 10:42:03 AM #
You misunderstood me, it's not the way the show is portraying the characters, the villians are great, including Gold. I don't like the how the actual characters are reacting towards these villians. Snow, Emma and Charming act like Regina always has evil intentions, although she mostly does, but they never show the same disdain or second-guessing towards Gold. Ths baffles my mind. Karma is getting Gold, but I feel like somewhat should get revenge for all the crap he's put them through, they can't stop reminding Regina of all the bad things she does and they're always looking to punish her but not Gold. Unfair. Regina is the BEST!Posted 3/5/2013 11:06:42 AM #
Snow, Emma and Charming act like Regina always has evil intentions, although she mostly does,but they never show the same disdain or second-guessing towards Gold.
- Snow, Emma and Charming are also HIGHLY biased, for different reasons. Gold might be a manipulator but he has yet to hurt them directly, something Regina has done. And with the reveal of that Gold is their family, I do not see Emma thinking bad of him, unless he hurts Henry. They fear him and might think badly of his character, but he has yet to antagonize them directly.
Karma is getting Gold, but I feel like somewhat should get revenge for all the crap he's put them through,And countless characters already did - Belle's father tried, then Hook actually did. EVERYTHING that is happening to hook is happening to him because of what he did to someone else.
they can't stop reminding Regina of all the bad things she does and they're always looking to punish her but not Gold.
Posted 3/5/2013 11:13:11 AM #
- Emma is biased towards her becuase of Henry and because of Graham.
- Snow and Charming are biased towards her because of all the shit Regina put them through.
- Henry is usual kid who sees in black and white - he idolized Emma and saw only bad parts of Regina. Thankfully now he sees that Emma is not so perfect too, so he most likely will see that Regina is not so evil too.
But isn't this a bit hypocrytical at the very least it's not how the leaders should act, they're giving leeway to characters who haven't antagonized them directly. These characters are still doing things too hurt other people, but the other people antagonized them so that's okay. Not good leaders if you ask me. Regina should get back in charge.Posted 3/5/2013 11:20:32 AM #
But isn't this a bit hypocrytical at the very least it's not how the leaders should act,Which is the whole point.
Snow is a HUGE hypocrite because she has been clinging to her mother's ideals as a form of ptsd/a way of getting close to her. And now she is starting to realize that, being more honest with herself and throwing her ideals away.Posted 3/5/2013 11:39:47 AM #
There are about a hundred thousand parallels between Snow and Regina for a reason(including their speeches in their face heel turns, as well as the whole "being framed plot")Posted 3/5/2013 11:41:38 AM #
did you just say facea and heel? you watch wrestling too omgPosted 3/7/2013 2:13:23 AM #
did you just say facea and heel? you watch wrestling too omg
Nah, just reading too much of tvtropes :P
face-heel turn is a common term for a characetr action of changing one's alignmentPosted 3/7/2013 2:45:53 AM #
UHHH, laughing so much right now.Posted 3/7/2013 2:59:42 AM #