Absence did not make the heart grow fonder for Vampire Diaries fans last night, as the first new installment of this drama fell to a series low among young adults on Thursday.
Seen by only 1.3 million viewers, The Vampire Diaries Season 6 Episode 16 generated a .6 rating among 18-49-year olds.
The latest episode of Reign, meanwhile, held firm from the previous new episode.
Elsewhere across the dial, most programs appeared to suffer on the first Thursday after Daylight Savings Time:
- Grey’s Anatomy Season 11 Episode 15 brought in 7.4 million overall viewers and a 2.1 demographic rating, falling 9 and 12; while Scandal Season 4 Episode 15 (8.3 million/2.6) was down 13 percent and American Crime (5.8 million/1.4) plummeted 30 percent from its opener.
- The Big Bang Theory (16.1 million/4.4) decreased by 11 and 8 percent, while The Odd Couple (10.7 million/2.6) fell 14 and 13 percent.
- Also on CBS, Mom (9.2 million/2.3) remained mostly steady, while Elementary (7.8 million/1.5) creeped up in the latter ratings department.
- The Blacklist (7.3 million/1.7) fell by 11 percent and a tenth, while The Slap debuts in its new 10 o’clock slot with 2.9 million/0.6, down 12 and 25 percent from Allegiance‘s week-ago numbers. Ouch.
- American Idol (8.1 million/1.7) was down 14 and 23 percent, respectively, compared to last Thursday.