A glance at the iTunes most downloaded list reveals the significant impact and lasting presence of Grey's Anatomy music. Check it out:
2. Akon, "Smack That"
3. Weird Al Yankovic, "White & Nerdy" (Parody of “Ridin’ Dirty”)
4. Hinder, "Lips of an Angel"
5. Snow Patrol, "Chasing Cars" (right)
6. Nelly Furtado, "Maneater"
7. Jibbs, "Chain Hang Low"
8. Ludacris, "Money Maker"
9. Justin Timberlake, "SexyBack"
10. JoJo, "Too Little, Too Late (Radio Version)"
As many fans know, both Snow Patrol and The Fray licensed the above songs to ABC to produce unique Grey's Anatomy music videos. That innovative marketing strategy has been a hit with fans, and the bands' sales are clearly benefiting!
Both "How to Save a Life" and "Chasing Cars" were featured prominently in Season 2 and can also be found on the corresponding Grey's Anatomy Soundtrack, Volume II. Here's hoping that more talented, lesser-known musicians featured on our favorite show receive this kind of publicity boost!