Pushing Daisies Profile: Ellen Greene
Ellen Greene stars as Aunt Vivian on Pushing Daisies.
But, as many followers of this veteran's career knows, this isn't the first time she's been involved in a show with plants.
Greene originated the role of Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors on Broadway and then again in the 1986 movie of the same name.
A Brooklyn-born musical comedy actress, Greene has also made a name for herself as a nightclub chanteuse. She began singing in such Manhattan clubs as Reno Sweeney's and The Brothers & Sisters while attending Rider College in New Jersey, and was later discovered by a scout for The New York Shakespeare Festival.
Here is a quick look at her career milestones:
- 1986 Reprised role of Audrey in feature version of musical "Little Shop of Horrors"
- 1982 Breakthrough stage role, Audrey in musical "Little Shop of Horrors"
- 1977 TV debut in "Seventh Avenue" (NBC)
- 1976 Film debut in "Next Stop Greenwich Village"
- 1973 Broadway debut in "Rachel Lily Rosenbloom"