Pushing Daisies Spoilers: A Look at Episode Two
We know, we know: the Pushing Daisies season premiere hasn't even aired yet.
So how can we have insight into the show's second episode? We're just that good.
Therefore, consider this your Pushing Daisies spoiler alert, as we briefly summarize the events in "Dummy:"
- Ned revives Bernard Slaybaugh, an auto safety specialist who was murdered. While Bernard doesn't know who killed him, he does know he wants Ned and Chuck to tell a woman (Jeanine) that he loved her.
- Ned also accidentally revives a woman who died while on a ferris wheel and learns that she had donated her body to science.
- Meanwhile, Ned's power is shown through flashbacks to his childhood, including an incident involving the dissection of frogs in school.
- Ned, Emerson (Chi McBride) and Chuck later visit the morgue to inspect the body of a victim of a car accident. It's a 45-year old man who specialized in automobile safety.
The police are offering a reward to anyone who can find the killer; so, naturally, Emerson wants answers in order to get the reward.
Chuck asks the wrong questions of the (formerly) dead victim, nearly running out the clock on how long they can keep him alive, but the trio manages to get the information they need in time. With the assistance of Ned, the victim reveals that ia crash test dummy is responsible for his death.
- Olive sings to Ned's dog, Digby, foreshadowing her feelings for our beloved main character.