Did Wrestlemania 25 live up to its excessive hype?
Here's a match recap of the biggest WWE pay-per-view of the year...
- Primo and Carlito defeated John Morrison and The Miz in a lumberjack match to capture the WWE and World Tag Titles. After a few great near falls, Primo reversed Morrison into a Backstabber to win the match.
- C.M. Punk defeated Christian, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Finlay (w/Hornswoggle), Mark Henry (w/Tony Atlas), and Kane in the Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Santino Marella won the 25-Diva Battle Royal. After the match, Justin Roberts and Candice Michelle entered the ring and presented "Santina" with a crown and a sash.
- Chris Jericho defeated Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper, and Jimmy Snuka (w/Ric Flair) in an elimination match. Afterwards, actor Mickey Rourke entered the ring and caught Y2J with a punch to the body and a left hook to the head that dropped the wrestler.
- Matt Hardy defeated Jeff Hardy in an Extreme Rules match.
- Rey Mysterio defeated JBL to win the Intercontinental Title... in 20 seconds. After the match, JBL announced that he quit.
- Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels. The match last over half an hour and each man received a standing ovation when it was over.
- John Cena defeated Edge and Big Show in a Triple Threat match to win the World Heavyweight Championship.
- Triple H beat Randy Orton to retain the WWE Title. He used the sledgehammer, while the ref was knocked out, to gain an advantage.