As Season Five of Grey's Anatomy faded to white, Izzie stood in her familiar prom dress, with George in his new Army uniform staring back at her in the elevator. The presumed afterlife encounter was the last we will see of either ... until September, at least.
We've discussed the events of last night in our episode recaps of "Here's to the Future" and "Now or Never," and you all have chimed in at great length with your opinions. We just can't help but wonder, in the aftermath, where our beloved show goes from here.
Here are some questions about George and Izzie - who, like them or not, the show and its fans are heavily invested in right now - and those who we know will be back, as we sift through the emotional wreckage of Thursday and prepare, patiently, for Season Six ...
- Will Lexie and Mark move in?
- Will Arizona be around next season?
- Are Cristina and Owen officially a couple?
- Where does a heartbroken Dr. Bailey go from here?
- The Meredith-Derek wedding - officiated by them, with hastily written vows on a Post-It note - was very touching and sweet. But was it the real deal?
- Speaking of Meredith, as Ellen Pompeo's baby bump becomes more visible, is her pregnancy going to be written into the script, or will she go on leave?
- If it's the latter, how will Meredith's absence be explained?
- Is this the most talked-about episode of Grey's Anatomy since the Season Two finale, which ironically ended with Izzie in the same prom dress?
- Is this ambiguity of the ending a deliberate cliffhanger written for that purpose, or the result of the producers' indecisiveness over whether George and Izzie will die - and/or Katherine and T.R.'s own willingness to return next fall?
Tell us what you think about these lingering Grey's Anatomy issues or anything else you'd like to talk about as the show gears up for its sixth full season in September.