Glee DVD Review: Road to Sectionals
First, it premiered a single episode in May 2009. Fans were then forced to wait until September for a true first season.
Now, it's taking the longest hiatus a series has ever gone on mid-season. It won't return with new episodes until April.
Fortunately, Fox recognizes this problem and has taken yet another unique step: it released a DVD this week of just the first half of the show's first season.
Titled "Road to Sectionals," the four-disc set includes 13 episodes and a few special features. They are:
- Welcome to McKinley: Principal Figgins-featured video that introduces new students/viewers to the school.
- Audition Clips: Full-length videos for Rachel's "Respect" and "On My Own" renditions.
- Casting Sessions – Crew members and cast members discuss the origins of the show, as well as the casting process for various characters.
- Deconstructing Glee with Ryan Murphy: The creator analyzes the themes behind the show.
- Dance Boot Camp: The Glee choreographer and many actors focus on the musical numbers and provide backstage footage from the dance practices.
- Meet Jane Lynch: Self-explanatory. Hilarious.
- Video Diaries: Many of the cast members share video diaries they shot during promotional appearances for the comedy.