Fox remains silent on the issue, but Aerosmith bassist Tom Hamilton has spoken out and confirmed what's been rumored for weeks:
Steven Tyler has signed on as a new judge on American Idol.
"The ink is dry on that," Hamilton told The Newark Star-Ledger this week. "Steven is someone who absolutely lives to be in front of an audience, and the people closest to him know how witty and entertaining he can be.... it is an opportunity for millions of people to see another side of Steven Tyler."
With auditions scheduled to begin next month, and season 10 set to air in January, American Idol still must answer the following questions:
- Will Kara DioGuardi remain on the show?
- Will there be three or four judges?
- Have diva-like demands really disqualified Jennifer Lopez as a candidate?
- Can a cap be placed on how many times Randy Jackson can say the word "pitchy" per show?
- Will the competition make a major change from last season and find a large group of interesting contestants?
TV Fanatic will keep readers apprised of all these developments and more.
Want more Reality TV?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!