Season 12 of Dancing With the Stars is officially underway. There's no Bristol or Kate to distract audiences this time, so the pairs will have to get by on talent!
Well, mostly. There are still some charismatic folks in this new cast, and that will get you a long way on DWTS. So who were the surprising leaders last night?
We say surprising because their combined age is 109!
Karate Kid star Ralph Macchio, 49, still has the moves (and a bad haircut). Kirstie Alley, 60, made more than one joke about her weight, but she carries it out there.
A couple of (relative) youngsters, Disney star Chelsea Kane and current NFL star Hines Ward, came in third and fourth on the night. Those four all scored in the 20s.
Aside from that, there were a bunch of respectable but non-terrific performances and some real duds that make you grateful it's a non-elimination week.
Follow the jump for last night's Dancing With the Stars scores ...
- Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff: 24.
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 23.
- Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas: 22.
- Hines Ward and Kym Johnson: 21.
- Romeo and Chelsie Hightower: 19.
- Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke: 19.
- Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin: 18.
- Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel: 18.
- Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya: 17.
- Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani: 14.
- Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer: 13.
Yeah, 13 and 14. It was rough. Fortunately, Wendy, Mike, Ray and everyone else will all have a chance to build on their scores next week and hope for the best.
Hey, we all have to start somewhere and you never know. The show returns Monday and the first star will be sent home the following night, Tuesday, March 29.
Who do you think did the best (and worst) last night? Who are you most looking forward to seeing get back out there? Leave a comment below to discuss.